The main remit of this Financial Accountant vacancy in Blackpool is to work closely with the Financial Controller to produce accurate and insightful monthly and yearly accounts, as well as maintaining strong controls and suggesting improvements to current processes.
The position is perfect for a technically strong accountant who is looking for a challenge in a thriving, dynamic organisation, with the chance to learn from a great finance team and progress your career internally.
Our client is based not far from Blackpool, and has show a brilliant appetite for growth over recent years.
With a friendly team culture and a talented team of senior finance professionals to support you, this business has a proven track record of accelerating careers.
This business is a fast paced, exciting SME with ambitious plans for the future; constantly looking for ways to diversify and improve.
The key responsibilities for this Financial Accountant position in Blackpool will be:
- To take full responsibility for the consolidation of the group accounts - including UK and overseas
- To produce interesting analysis on the meaning behind the numbers, allowing for new ideas to flourish in the business
- To complete inter company reconciliations and statutory accounts
- To liaise with the auditors and ensure a smooth audit process
- To add value to the budgeting and forecasting process
- To maintain and update the weekly cash flow forecast
- To review current controls procedures and suggest improvements
- To be a confident communicator and input into business decision making
- To actively contribute to the annual business plans to drive the company forward
The successful candidate for this Financial Accountant role based close to Blackpool will be:
- A fully qualified ACA/ACCA practice trained accountant
- A technically strong and astute accountant, completely up to date with current reporting standards
- A commercial, entrepreneurial individual able to advise the business on how to grow and improve
- An excellent communicator, comfortable in dealing with junior and senior stakeholders
- Able to work in a changeable, fast paced, SME environment
- A team player who takes a 'hands on' approach to work
- A committed, ambitious fully qualified accountant who wants to learn and progress with an exciting business
This unique opportunity for a practice trained ACA/ACCA accountant is able to offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, and a fantastic working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78916921