A key role, where research and development expertise are an important part of the skill set
Our client specialises in the design and supply of high performance electronic air flow sensors for worldwide markets, supplying many of the world's major wind turbine manufacturers.
The job holder will contribute at every stage of research, design and development of new and enhanced products.
Overall Job Purpose:
• To conduct theoretical and experimental research on the fundamental acoustic behaviour and properties of the wind sensor products and their constituent parts
• To develop computer and experimental models in order to better understand and enhance the operation of the wind sensor products and their constituent parts
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• PAFEC modelling, design and optimisation of electro-acoustic transducers and acoustic resonators
• PAFEC modelling of acoustic transfer function in still air
• Optimise the operation of transducers used in the wind sensor, in order to deliver extended operating performance and reduced number of electronic components
• Validate concepts and computer models using the results of experiments
• Establish and improve measurement systems for transducers
• Help broaden the company’s intellectual property portfolio (patents)
The successful candidate will have a solid technical background (an M.Sc. in Acoustics, Physics or a relevant engineering degree), with practical post graduate experience in industry and good knowledge and experience of the PAFEC suite for engineering analysis; working from theoretical principles to develop computer models.
It would also be desirable to have experience of working with piezo-electric transducers, Clio measurement systems and a good knowledge of Linux.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78801306