11 SpLD teacher
Mainstream Secondary School
**** Start end of January ****
** RICHMOND **
Must have QTS
Veritas are working with an outstanding Co-ed secondary school with academy status. The school are looking for an SEN teacher to cover maternity leave. Ideally the teacher will be trained/ have experience of working 1:1 with Dyslexic students. The provision caters for a small number of students with SpLD. A teacher with OCR level 5 Diploma is desirable.
- 1:1 teaching with 10 students - monitoring how they are doing in subjects, as well as creating intensive reading and writing programme and activities to ensure progress within these areas
- Liaise with other teachers for work that needs to be reinforced to support students in mainstream classroom
- Point of contact for outside agencies when necessary
- Meeting with parents
- Required to administer assessment tests for those students who are identified as possibly having learning needs
Key skills and experience
- OCR level 5 Diploma
- Must have QTS
- Experience working within the SEN department / with Dyslexic students.
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
- Working 1:1 with SEN students
If you are interested in working in an outstanding school in a rewarding position, please send your CV to Gemma Yip at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79101300