An experienced System Test & Validation Engineer is sought by a leading automotive manufacturing organisation that employs around 2000 personnel worldwide.
Duties and responsibilities:
As Systems Test and Validation Engineer you will work within the Electrical Systems Design team to help ensure that electrical systems meet the Company's stringent quality standards in terms of both hardware and software functionality. Your day to day duties will include:
- Identify effective test strategies for a given component/system and create test plans accordingly.
- Run manual and automated black box tests and collate & analyse the results.
- Maintain detailed 'bug lists', document issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
- Analyse existing / Create new Functional specifications and other systems related documents to a high standard.
- Work with suppliers to feedback issues found during testing.
- Conduct whole bike practical tests according to the Company's standard test procedures.
- 'End Of Line' configuration, database control/management/creation as required.
- Rolling out of software updates to bikes and issue tracking.
Essential skill requirements:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience in either development or test automation roles.
- Experience in creating software test plans and defining manual and automated black box test cases.
- Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills from both a hardware and software point of view.
- Proficiency in C or C++.
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, combined with a passion for testing systems thoroughly and suggesting improvements.
- An inquisitive and creative mind, to allow the exploration of unusual test scenarios which are beyond what is expected of the system / users.
Desirable skill requirements:
- Experience with CAN communication and familiarity with CANalyser / CANoe or a similar software package.
- Strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Previous experience in an automotive testing environment.
The company offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including:
- Up to £40,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff discount
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
Systems Test & Validation Engineer
Up to £40,000 + benefits
Reporting to: Team Leader - Electrical Engineer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78679451