To ensure all aspects of your nominated site/s, mechanical and electrical systems are maintained in optimal working order and in compliance with all contractual and legislative requirements within the school (based in St Helens).
- To ensure all the contractual assets, mechanical & electrical systems are properly maintained and operating efficiently through effective planned preventative maintenance matching prescribed schedules.
- To ensure all events (failures & faults) that have been raised for any contractual asset, mechanical or electrical system are reacted to timely, ensuring the appropriate actions taken to meet contractual requirements in returning the asset, mechanical or electrical system to full operational service.
- To ensure that all events (failures & faults) where the contractual asset, mechanical or electrical system have been returned to operational service are “closed” in a timely manner and meeting contractual requirements.
- To carry out all work activities in accordance with all relevant and current Health and Safety legislation.
- To provide the Account Manager, on annual basis, with a comprehensive list of all contractual assets, mechanical & electrical systems or any part thereof, forecasted to require replacement in the next lifecycle year (April through to March).
- To advise and assist the Site Manager/Caretakers in reducing the utilities usage at the site, through daily monitoring of the site BMS system, engineering knowledge and best practice.
- To meet with the Management Team regularly to provide performance information on all events (faults and failures), PPMs, sub-contractor performance, health & safety, lifecycle and utilities consumption reduction.
- To ensure that full Statutory Compliance is maintained.
- To conduct testing of life systems (i.e. fire alarm & life-sign monitoring alarm) each week.
- To inform the Helpdesk of all faults or failures to any of the contractual assets, mechanical & electrical systems and to confirm to the Helpdesk once these have been corrected.
- To ensure that all sub-contractors are contacted and scheduled to attend site 1 month in advance of their due PPM visit.
- To provide the Helpdesk with engineers’ worksheets or supplier delivery notes and to bring to the attention of the Management Team any abnormalities or additional works required as raised by the subcontractor.
- To provide the Helpdesk with all necessary information (electronically), including supplier, sub-contractor, part numbers, description, quantities and costs to enable the Account Manager to place purchase orders as required in a timely and trouble-free manner.
- To provide all the utilities meter readings on a monthly basis.
- To ensure any onsite storage facility/plantrooms are kept clean, tidy and organised. To clean up after any self-work activity and ensure all sub-contractors clean up on completion of the activities.
- To assist in providing additional works quotations to enable the Management Team to complete the relevant contractual AVR (Authority Variation Request), within the required time frames.
- To assist the Management Team/Onsite Team in any other duties in support of the contract.
What we are looking for
Knowledge skills & experience
- Appropriate up to date training to make use of relevant equipment/tools.
- 17th Edition Regs would be beneficial but not essential.
- Commercial gas certification
- Up to date knowledge of technical regulations applicable to core craft and how this applies to role.
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role.
- Fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Experience in installing and maintaining gas mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions (where able to do so).
- Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to use effectively any ICT equipment provided.
- Ability to complete work as instructed.
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Pro-active and positive approach to work.
- Electrical Inspection & Testing (for electrical-bias roles).
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Engineering Maintenance (multi-discipline).
- Experience and capability to provide maintenance service in both mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Knowledge of Education premises.
- Employment subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
- Positive team player with the ability to work alone using own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to simplify complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to provide a variety of solutions to problems that arise.
- Flexible working approach with confidence and ability to respond quickly to many different situations that can arise.
- Ability to keep calm and work well under varying pressures.
- Willingness and motivation to develop and learn within role.
- Customer-oriented and a good understanding of the requirements of the project and financial implications of actions.
- Ability to work effectively in occasional unpleasant working conditions.
- Ability to complete manual handling tasks as required and/or make effective use of equipment and tools provided.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79085870