Senior Finance Analyst - Hotelscom Finance
Location : Best place to work in the UK 2016 & 2017 ! In Angel - London
>> youtu.be/b_H5W4yEncQ <<
As a key member of the Hotels.com Financial Controls team, this position works closely with both the wider Hotels.com business and Expedia Inc's corporate matrix functions such as Corporate Audit Services / Internal Audit, Technology, Accounting and Tax.
The team has responsibility for ensuring the business appropriately manages risk and operations in a rapidly changing business environment within these corporate matrix function frameworks, and also undertake significant financial projects from time to time. The role holder will be commercially astute with a proven background in IT General Controls, used to interacting and delivering to a high standard within Finance and a wider business and matrix environment.
· Key member of the team that leads the Financial Control and Compliance environment for Hotels.com, working closely with Corporate Audit Services / Internal Audit, Technology, Corporate Accounting, Reporting and Tax teams
· Hotels.com Financial Controls: Work closely with the Hotels.com technology team to ensure the company's transition to a Cloud based environment occurs smoothly, including the implementation of a secure control environment. Also, work closely with the business to ensure that all key SOX and business process workflows are documented and updated on a regular basis, making sure certain robust processes, controls and best practice are adhered to.
· Be a part of the product design process for new initiatives with a financial angle, ensuring controls are in place where necessary and operating effectively
· Internal Audit: Act as a liaison point in Hotels.com for the corporate Internal Audit and SOX teams - help ensure audits are facilitated and action points effectively implemented
· New Commercial Agreements: Work alongside the legal team in reviewing Hotels.com agreements, ensuring management correctly comply with contract authorization policies
· Project Work: Run or work within teams on adhoc finance projects as and when required, ensuring best practice implementation
· Continually push for improvement and development of the department, keeping pace with business changes and market best practice
O Qualified accountant preferable with first time passes (big 4)
O University degree (2:1 or above, or equivalent) and strong academic background
O Experience implementing or auditing effective controls and processes, especially from an IT General Controls perspective
O Proven qualitative and quantitative financial skills
O Ability to participate in discussions and to influence decisions across a corporate matrix environment, including with senior stakeholders. Solid understanding of the workings and challenges of a global matrix organization
O Advanced spreadsheet (excel) and presentation (powerpoint and delivery) skills
O Extremely organised with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight time lines
O Experience in retail ecommerce environment and international companies an advantage
Join us to disrupt travel industry | youtu.be/hjcJ6SLvxgw | and have a look at what could be your career at Expedia | youtu.be/Y4svv-fIeGM |
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78975789