Accounts Payable Clerk - Retail
Page Personnel Finance is working on behalf of a retailer to recruit a temporary Accounts Payable Clerk starting in the New Year. The role will involve processing invoices, ensuring suppliers are paid accurately and on time and the posting of costs to the ledgers. This role will be located in the head office and working in a team of 7.
The client Page Personnel Finance are representing are a womenswear retailer who are specialists in affordable luxury. They are a British brand and are a well known name on the high streets across the UK.
The key responsibilities:
- Processing invoices accurately
- Generating payments via BACS/CHAPS for approved invoices
- Managing overseas and UK stock ledgers
- Ensuring payments/credit notes are matched against invoices
- Reconciling key supplier statements and liaising with suppliers on any discrepancies
- Reviewing and clearing of aged creditor accounts
- Month end review of Aged Creditor reports
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong understanding of the accounts payable process (2-4 years ideally)
- Be accurate and consistent with strong attention to detail
- SAP experience would beneficial but not essential
- Strong communication skills and an ability to talk confidently in person and on the phone
- Good knowledge and understanding of Excel and other Microsoft Office programmes
This is a temporary role for 9-12 weeks to work in the Head Office, Central London in an Accounts Payable role. You will be paid £12-14 per hour dependent on the experience you have.
This role is to start immediately so please only apply if you both have the relevant skills and experience, and are immediately available.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78912403