Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Job Title: NDT Engineer
About the Role
To provide NDT services to customers. Provide training courses in various NDT techniques and also provide an NDT production testing service at the request of the NDT Manager. Due to the planned expansion of the services offered by the Business there is a requirement for a Production NDT Engineer to support our NDT consultancy team.
The NDT Engineer will provide on site production work, testing and support to our customers.
This role comes with a huge opportunity of progression due to the amount of training and support we are willing to provide to upskill or team.
- Carry out training of students, assist in the preparation of NDT documentation as required. Also to carry out audits of NDT facilities if required.
- Assist in the implementation of quality systems within the NDT team to ensure the best practice and to allow continuous improvement of those practices. This can include improvements to other parts of Serco Rail Technical Services.
- To have an understanding and working knowledge of the Group Standards/British Standards/European Standards applicable to NDT.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for business growth to the NDT Manager to enable the opportunities to be evaluated effectively.
- Identify and implement opportunities for the development of training courses to meet customer’s needs.
The Serco Rail-Technical Services Business operates the NDT Training and Examination Centre for the Railway Industry based in Derby. The training centre is accredited by BINDT / PCN to carry out training and examinations on their behalf.
Serco also supplies Bearing / Wheelset Related Training Services delivered by our Bearing and Wheelset specialists.
Salary from £21,000 per annum plus overtime, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, 6% pension, x2 annual salay in life assurance.
Due to the planned expansion of the services offered by the Business there is a requirement for a Production NDT Engineer to support our NDT consultancy team. The position will be based in our Derby office with a requirement to work at customers’ sites to undertake Production NDT work as and when required.On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78971153