School Finance and Payroll Officer
Do you have experience of working within a school finance team? Are you available for interim positions?
If so, then we are looking for you!
We are currently recruiting for several school finance and payroll officers for schools in the Chorley. Leyland and South Ribble areas with excellent knowledge of SIMS and FMS6. Candidates MUST have previous experience of working in an educational establishment, as you will be expected to hit the ground running and deliver a high standard of work from the outset.
The positions would be full-time on a temporary basis for at least 3 months. You would need to be available on short notice from January 2018.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills (including SIMS and FMS6) and the ability to multi-task
- A qualification in Business Administration or Accountancy and Finance would be an advantage but is not essential
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion
- At least 6 months experience of working within a school
Responsibilities would include:
- Supporting the School Business Manager with day to day finance procedures
- Assisting teachers and senior leadership team with any queries
- Collecting money for school trips, stationary, uniforms etc as required - may be required to input onto FMS on occasion
- Photocopying, post, filing and general administrative support
- Inputting invoices onto the system, reconciling to the system
- Dealing with petty cash
- Financial reporting for meetings
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Lancashire, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant school experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks.
If you feel you have the school finance experience required for this role then please send your CV now to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79002093