Multi Skilled Engineer
Mechanical & Electrical repair and maintenance experience? Worked in a manufacturing environment?
Due to business expansion Merritt Plastics, a subsidiary of Eurocell have a great opportunity for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join the team at Ilkeston where you will support with the maintenance of all machinery associated with the recycling and production of PVCu products and site services.
- Maintenance of DC motors and associated drives.
- Maintenance of process control equipment.
- Electrical installations and/or mechanical installation work.
- Carrying out planned and preventative maintenance systems (mechanical and electrical).
- Breakdown maintenance involving faultfinding on industrial and process control systems and carrying out electrical and mechanical repairs on PVCu extrusion plant and recycling equipment.
- Liaison with contractors and suppliers.
- Ordering of new/replacement equipment.
- Issuing of work permits
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be held to be within the scope of the post-holder.
- Maintaining PLC systems
- Ability to fault-find – mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems
Understand and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings
Mechanical and electrical installations and maintenance
C&G 236 Electrical Installation Parts 1&2 or equivalent multi skill training.
The role is offered on a 4 days on, 4 days off shift basis, alternating days and nights.
About Merritt Plastics
Part of Eurocell Plc, Merritt Plastics based in Ilkeston is a real success story and has been leading the way in PVC-U waste recycling for more than 15 years. Our closed-loop recycling system means that not only do we recycle old PVC-U and off-cuts from fabrication processes, but we also turn it back into brand new extruded plastic products – all at the same site, reducing landfill. Eurocell are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78969755