Maritime Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer
Job Role: Maritime Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance
Maritime Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire
The Maritime Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer will be responsible for the operational and system analysis and design of system integration solutions for maritime opportunities and programmes.
- Requirements assessment and management, support to design of system and support systems infrastructure, technical impact assessment, design baseline synthesis and control
- Support to System Architects in development of system solutions
- Planning and control of own work and of any assigned engineering team
- Conduct of operational analysis and performance of Concept and Assessment Phase design studies on behalf of internal/external customers
- Support to the conduct of internal and customer-funded research and development studies
- Support to development of Systems Architecture and Technology Roadmaps. Assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems and embodiment of COTS/MOTS solutions
- Interaction with potential and actual customers, suppliers and team-mates
- Systems input to subsystem specifications and interface requirement specifications
- Presentation at internal and independent design/study reviews
- Preparation and delivery of proposal material
- Technical input to programme management and cost estimation teams
- Technical risk assessment and reduction, including assessment of TPMs and TRLs
Additional/Occasional Duties and Tasks:
- Experience in Electronic Warfare (EW) projects within the military maritime business area
- Maritime Electronic Warfare system architecture development capability
- The candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
- The candidate will be capable of developing and communicating a vision for maritime programmes
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, and test of Maritime Electronic Warfare (EW)Systems especially Radar and Communication Electronic Support Measure (ESM) Systems
- A good knowledge of other Maritime systems that integrate with Electronic Warfare Systems including sensors, combat system, effectors
- Previous maritime Systems Engineering experience
- Current knowledge of Defence and IMO Standards
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79049193