Gasoline Calibration Engineer
Our client, based in the Midlands are currently recruiting for an Engine calibration engineer - Bosch / UAES EMS. This is an exciting career opportunity to work within a World Leading Powertrain R&D Centre.
You will support the NE1 test-bed and vehicle engine calibrations, take on calibration responsibility where required and learn the Bosch / UAES EMS control strategies to enable calibration tasks to be performed proficiently.
- Degree qualified or similar qualification
- Preferably will have direct experience of Bosch or UAES MED17 / MDG1 EMS calibration for test-bed and / or vehicle. Otherwise, willing to learn the Bosch / UAES EMS system and have formal training to enable calibrations to be supported
- Basic understanding of gasoline engine control and associated sensor / actuator set
- Strong numeracy and literacy, including ability to write clear documentation
- Certain years post graduate experience is essential and preferably some of this will be in Automotive Powertrain development
- Good logical reasoning
- Self motivated to take on responsibility with minimal supervision
- Willingness to understand the EMS control strategies to enable the calibration tasks to be performed.
- Ideally knowledge of DOE calibration tools such as ASCMO or CAMEO
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to work as part of a team to demanding deadlines
- Able to overcome cultural barriers
- Good working knowledge of automotive calibration tools (INCA preferred)
- Some appreciation of mechanical systems
- Full UK driving license
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within a small growing team to deliver engine calibrations for MPI and GDI gasoline engines
- Co-ordinate the Bosch / UAES calibrations and requirements
- Contribute to calibration methodologies within the Engine Calibration section
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78963986