Financial Accountant, Royston, 9 Month Contract, £15.38 - £17.98 p/hr PAYE, will suit Part-Qualified Accountant or Newly Fully Qualified Accountant, Large & Prestigious Organisation.
Our client is a leading manufacturing organisation located in Royston, Hertfordshire. They are looking for a Financial Accountant to join them on a contract basis of 9 months - preferably with an immediate start.
The main purpose of the role is to provide accounting, reporting and balance sheet reconciliation support to a project team and to support with the migration to SAP.
The key accountabilities are:
- Preparation of the monthly reporting submission(s) to European Regional finance
- Calculation and posting of month end journals (accruals, prepayments, commissions)
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and maintain balance sheet tracker
- Ensure timely reconciliation and settlement of inter-group transactions (e.g. royalties) between Johnson Matthey business units and the UK site
- Submission of VAT, Intrastat and ONS returns
The key competencies that you must demonstrate are:
- Excellent communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- Effectively managing your own workload
This role will suit a part-qualified or fully qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA or equivalent) with up to 1 year PQE. Ideally you will have experience working in a similar role within the commercial or manufacturing environment.
Experience with SAP would be advantageous.
If you feel that you can demonstrate the required skills for this position, please apply as we would be happy to receive your application.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78592108