Mobile Service Delivery Manager - Engineering
The National Maintenance Network (NMN) is a new business unit being set up within Interserve Support Services to develop and deploy a technical mobile solution. This team will initially deliver services internally, delivering all mobile technical services for the current four business units. In the medium term the NMN will also look to contract directly with external customers.
The mobile technical market in the UK is worth c£9.4bn p/a and has shown growth rates of c3% YOY therefore the NMN has significant opportunity; c£250m of technical services are delivered by Support Services with a similar value sub-contracted to third party suppliers, through the PSL and through direct contract relationship.
Within the NMN the Service Delivery team will, using the latest scheduling software, manage the delivery of jobs allocated to the NMN for delivery. The Service Delivery Managers will be responsible for the functional management of a team of schedulers and support staff who will, using engineering resources and external suppliers as appropriate, ensure that all of our customers’ requests are responded to within their agreed SLA, whilst completing the administration processes correctly every time.
The team is not directly responsible for the management of the engineers; however they are responsible for the management of the engineer’s workload, time and productivity.
The Service Delivery Manager will take responsibility and accountability for the day to day running of one or more Service Delivery Teams. Key duties, though not exhaustive, are listed below;
- To ensure the Service Delivery team meets stringent delivery targets and is recognised as delivering best practice by our customers and internal organisation, flexing to meet changes as further contracts or services are brought into the overall solution.
- Be accountable for internal and external service delivery, both through 360 Scheduling and MAXIMO KPI monitoring to ensure that all field service activity is appropriately scheduled, and managed to completion within contracted SLA/KPIs.
- Be accountable for absence management and productivity across the national engineering team to ensure that adequate cover is always available to meet customer demand, ensuring all absence requests are tracked in the systems accurately, escalating issues to the engineers’ line manager and/or own line manager as appropriate.
- Provide a work environment which engenders positive energy, motivation, creativity and teamwork amongst employees, by conducting meetings, listening to issues and concerns, setting a positive example, and showing professional leadership qualities, measured by employee survey.
- Ensure all key processes have contingency plans in the event of any incident affecting the delivery of service, such that engineers and colleagues can continue to deliver to the customer.
- Review / manage master data across multiple technology platforms ensuring that the required data is correct, rectifying any issues identified.
- Understand the contract requirements and to communicate/provide guidance and direction to direct reports, field engineers and subcontractors, to ensure contract compliance specifically in relationship to KPI’s and understanding of the FM services.
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing employees of the Service Delivery team, giving directions on certain job tasks or problems, resolving problems concerning employee’s work performance, implementing individual PADPs / training plans and regularly formally review to develop them to their full potential.
- Take ownership for own performance, receiving feedback positively, taking action where required, apply opportunities to develop and improve skills, and lead by example in best practice of the company’s standards, values and behaviours.
- Be prepared to work on relevant contracts, projects and initiatives at short notice to support the needs of the business.
- Lead by example in the use of best practice of the company’s standards, values and behaviours.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures, at all times
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery, or risk to health and safety, or the environment
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system.
What we are looking for
The Service Delivery Manager will be responsible for the management of the part of the Service Delivery Team.
- FM experience is preferred but not essential
- Strong technical knowledge of Scheduling software and/or practices
- Management of remote resources
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven record managing, developing and leading teams
- Proven track record in delivering service within agreed contract SLAs/KPIs in an efficient and cost effective manner
** Please note position is additionally dependent upon the applicant successfully passing security checks **
Our values and behaviours
An individual’s belief in our values and behaviours is as important as their technical and/or professional know how, which is why our job descriptions are written with these in mind.
- We look to the future and encourage and embrace new ideas, to achieve better results.
- We act with confidence, we remain positive at work and we learn from feedback.
- We work to understand our customers’ needs, even in times of ambiguity, and we take personal responsibility to deliver to targets.
- We analyse information to draw insights and conclusions. We create the plan to achieve our vision, set the direction of travel and make it clear who is responsible for which part.
Working within the Interserve values and behaviours:
- Everyone has a voice How we behave…
- We adapt our communication style to connect with and understand others
- We build and maintain relationships, acting with integrity at all times
- We build credibility by being inclusive of differences, supporting others and communicating effectively
- We manage conflict and resolve issues when witnessing unsafe practices or inappropriate behaviour
- We listen and communicate with sensitivity
- We are inclusive and work well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Do the right thing How we behave…
- We motivate others to deliver
- We are clear about standards of behaviour with colleagues and customers
- We uphold the values
- We recognises the work of others
- We take responsibility for our reputation & success
- We inspire others to think about future possibilities.
- Take pride in what you do How we behave…
- We delegate appropriately and responsibly
- We develop others to help them reach their potential
- We understand how and when to coach
- We grow talent for the business.
- Bring better to life How we behave…
- We encourage colleagues to consider the long term strategy
- We contribute to the creation of objectives designed to achieve our Vision 2020
- We use logical, rational analysis and our own judgement to make well-reasoned and defensible decisions
- We consider multiple perspectives when making complex or risky decisions
- We regularly review progress and adapt our work effectively
- We make prompt decisions which involve tough choices or major risks, even in the face of incomplete information
- We stand by our decisions and actions and those of our business area.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79012924