Circa £38,000 with highly fantastic benefits package
My client is one of the largest top 100 IFA firm in the UK, now looking for a new Paraplanner to work within the Birmingham hub. The successful candidate will prepare written advice and provide technical research services to a team of Financial Planners. Ensure that the preparation of advice for clients is of the highest quality and delivered in an efficient manner whilst mitigating any risks to the business and assisting with the achievement of business targets.
- Deliver high quality reports in a timely manner to our clients, attending client meetings as and when required.
- Accurately and efficiently support the Private Client/Financial Planning team to enable the achievement of targets.
- Ensure cases are referred to Planning Standards/Manager where appropriate to mitigate risk to the business and ensure quality is maintained.
- Regularly participate in team meetings, including highlighting issues and owning actions through to resolution.
- Assist with any new business initiatives, as required.
- Proactively identify improvements for the continuing progression of the team.
- Assist Service Delivery Manager (SDM) with workflow management by ensuring XPLAN accurately reflects work queue and flagging any capacity or bottlenecks.
- Proactively enhance industry and Company knowledge, through external and internal sources and maintaining an accurate CPD log.
- Assist with research and surveys.
- Participate in project work where applicable.
- Actively work with other departments, for example Planning Standards (or equivalent) team and Compliance, to ensure all work meets Company standards and improve working processes.
- If holding a specialist license (Personal Injury, Corporate and Tax Led), provide specialist research and report writing support in the areas of specialism and licences held.
Skills and Qualifications
- Support background within the financial services industry with solid technical knowledge of financial services products.
- Diploma in Financial Planning (Dip PFS) with a desire to develop to Chartered status.
- Proven track record of delivering written financial advice.
- Effective at technical and product researching.
- Proficient IT skills in core Microsoft Office systems.
- Organisation and prioritisation skills being able to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an eye for detail.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.