Business Development Manager - Fibre Optic Technology
My client offers a product portfolio that connects the digital world together. They manufacture products that build fibre-optic infrastructure used by all telecom and digital service providers globally. They innovate and manufacture in the UK and Europe and deliver high-quality products such as fibre-optic cable, duct, copper cable, network accessories and passive optical devices that form the backbone of digital communication.
Huge expansion in demand for improved digital infrastructure in the UK has created growth opportunities for them and they want to hire an effective Business Development Manager to meet that need, expand their client portfolio and manage the growth in a highly buoyant and lucrative sector.
Purpose of role
To develop existing relationships with senior engineers and procurement specialists and to hunt for new opportunities and contracts from telecom providers, network operators, carriers, installers, new market entrants and logistics companies serving the sector. The products are used in new build, upgrade and extension of any fibre-optic infrastructure, so the customer base is broad, varied and growing all the time.
Scope of role
- Implement the sales strategy
- Develop existing relationships with decision makers to drive new and repeat business
- Manage the engagement process for any given opportunity including pitching the proposition, writing proposals, negotiating price and drawing up contracts
- Create projects and proposals for premises networks, metropolitan networks, transport networks - in fact anywhere the technology is relevant
- Give input on the development of products and services, pricing, marketing and other elements related to driving the growth of the business
- A minimum period of time focused on business development in broadband infrastructure markets, telecom or related civil construction
- Capable of nurturing and growing long-term relationships
- Demonstrable experience of solution selling
- Confidence to call and meet senior executives in large B2B organisations to pitch the value proposition
- Able to work effectively with the installer base and offer engineering support at point of need
- Proven track record of personal contribution to revenue growth
The job is home located, with visits to the office on the South Coast as often as necessary.
Salary ranges from £40’000 to £60’000 base DOE with a commission and bonus to achieve an uncapped OTE of £55’000-£75’000 with car or car allowance and benefits by negotiation to attract the best candidates.
The working environment is professional and friendly and still at the scale where individual contributions are recognised and rewarded in shaping and influencing how the business develops.