Technical Sales Support Manager
Technical Sales Support Manager - 12 month fixed term contract with a view to permanent employment
An exciting new opportunity for a Technical Sales Support Manager, which is a key role within a friendly organisation.
The Technical Sales Support Manager role is a for Maternity Cover for the existing Supervisor, and therefore the position is initially offered on a 12 month fixed term contract.
As the Technical Sales Support Manager you will be reporting to Senior Management and holding responsibility for the office based Sales Support administrative function, whilst supporting the field based Surveyors and working on sales development & marketing.
A central player within the domestic lifts industry in the south-east, Ascendit has built a solid reputation as a reliable, honest and consistently proficient service provider in a highly competitive market-place, withstanding the competition from larger nationally based manufacturers and maintaining and developing its stake in spite of the cost-driven focus of local authority funded work.
As the Technical Sales Support Manager you will be responsible for the following:-
- Manage the team of two administrators, ensuring conformance with office processes & completion of work in a correct and timely manner, undertaking all reviews, and managing annual leave and absence.
- Develop the sales focus of the team.
- Oversee & provide backup for the administrator's tasks.
- Build relationship with our field based Surveyors & plan the work and coordination of the team in a way that best supports them.
- Plan & oversee training of new Surveyors, providing follow up and feedback
- Create agenda & take minutes for quarterly Sales Meetings
- Provide general support and information to the Sales Surveyors whilst they are out in the field
- Arrange presentations, ensuring necessary preparation is in place
- Hold monthly review meetings to collate and resolve issues and provide feedback to the Surveyors.
- Communicate proactively with the Accounts function to alleviate invoicing & payment issues and to establish an on-going understanding of key customers and accounts.
- Establish the sales reporting requirements of the business and set up and maintain a comprehensive reporting system.
- Engage and stay abreast of new product development along with the Company plans for extension of product range.
- Collate all relevant technical, sales and accounts related information prior to the engagement with any new product and brief the appropriate departments, ensuring our internal systems have been set up to allow processing of quotations and orders and establishing a reporting system to enable us to gauge the success of new products.
- Assume responsibility for the planning and implementation of all Company marketing activities, including the maintenance and ongoing development and promotion of the website, social media and any agreed advertising, monitoring and reporting on the results.
- Proactively seek out and develop new business opportunities.
- Handle and direct the fulfilment of all invitations to tender.
- Welcome all visitors to the showroom and manage their experience, providing product demonstrations and organising further visits as required.
Experience/ skills required:
- Experience of managing and motivating a team
- Broad understanding of sales, sales related communication, marketing and online marketing with at least 5 years’ experience of a technical sales environment
- Excellent and professional communicator
- A technical aptitude and the capacity to follow technical drawings, understand measurements & apply practical solutions to problems is required, along with a full understanding of office processes & well developed computer skills
- Well organised, articulate, self-motivated & motivational customer focused individual
- At least diploma level of education required, degree preferred.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.K.
About the Company
Ascendit Lifts is a small, privately owned business operating across the south-east of England. Established in 1998 it installs, services and repairs a range of domestic lifting products – stairlifts, through floor lifts, ceiling hoists , steplifts and lifting platforms in privately owned and council owned properties. A well-run and very busy company, Ascendit has always strived to be the provider of choice based on its friendly, compassionate, ethical approach and its professional, reliable work.
- Salary £25 - £28,000 p.a. subject to experience
- Contributory Company Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
How to Apply
To apply please attach an up to date copy of your CV & a covering letter to the link provided and the employer will be in direct contact.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79096660