Page Personnel are delighted to be partnered with our Glasgow based client in recruiting a Project Accountant.
Our client is a market leading Energy Business. They are Glasgow City Centre based and are part of a fast growing sector.
The successful candidate will likely have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Managers to review and challenge project financial plans and track progress as the project advances.
- Connect directorates with the finance team through the production of monthly project financial forecasts in line with month end deadlines.
- Investigate project financial variances and submit variance reports to key stakeholders.
- Attend directorate meetings in order to report on monthly project financial performance and to gain insight into project activity, challenge where appropriate and report back to the senior finance team.
- Work closely with Project Managers to track future pipeline of potential projects.
- Assist the finance team with annual budgeting and the quarterly forecasting process through regular revision of project revenue and cost forecasts.
- Prepare staff utilisation reports and interpret the outputs which in turn enable the directorates and finance to make informed decisions on headcount.
- Working with all directorates collates and prepares the monthly management report.
- Acts as secretary to the Investment Committee: Collate and review investment committee documents ahead of submission to investment committee.
- Track committed programme spend and advise the Investment Committee on capacity to commit to additional projects.
- Attend investment committee offering financial guidance on specific proposed projects.
- Maintain sage project accounting and set up new project codes as required.
- Transfer project expenses from ODSL to OREC where applicable.
- Close out project accounts upon completion.
- Liaise with finance assistants to ensure revenue invoices raised efficiently.
- Maintain appropriate records to aid the collation of annual R&D tax credit submission.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will likely have the following profile:
- Qualified accountant (strong QBE candidate would be considered).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Sage 200 experience not essential but highly desirable.
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Team player with confidence to work with colleagues across the organisation at various seniority levels.
This role offers a competitive salary between £30,000-£35,000 with a benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79101619