Financial Accounts Assistant
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT £22,000 + ACCA/CIMA STUDY SUPPORT
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
A newly created opportunity for a Financial Accounts Assistant has opened up within a highly reputable company based in Stroud - offering £22,000 + study support for ACCA or CIMA. This role is perfect for someone who is AAT studying or qualified and looking to gain more exposure and variety - they are seeking someone who has the foundations to develop and a desire to progress within the company.
As part of the Group Finance function, this newly created role, will report into the Financial Accountant, focusing on Financial Accounts, Fixed Assets and VAT. This role will also work closely with Treasury as you ensure you support the Group Financial Controller in short term cash flow forecasting.
- Assist in the preparation of the statutory Financial Accounts for all entities as well as act as a point of contact during the year end process with external auditors.
- Maintain the short term cash flow forecast, report weekly variances to forecast, continuously look for ways to improve accuracy for both inflows and outflows.
- Ensure that all capital expenditure is appropriately authorized, processed in SAP correctly, reconciled and reported against budget monthly. Working in collaboration with the Strategic Finance team in respect of the capital approval process.
- Lead all VAT returns and ensure full compliance with all VAT regulation for both invoices as well as internal processes.
- Complete government reporting for Office for National Statistics and European Sales List
- Assist in the semi-annual reporting process for long-term financing partners.
- Support ongoing financial accounts transformation projects and contribute to the ongoing review and improvement of process.
- Studying towards or completed AAT or Degree Qualified
- IT literate including Excel pivot tables, Vlookups, modelling, formulae
- Ability to build and maintain relationships internally and externally
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire to progress within the company
- Study support ACCA or CIMA
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79063718