Java Developer - Birmingham
Who we are
As part of ICS, an established and thriving UK Group with more than 1,600 staff, Faber is a new technology business created to develop innovative on-demand mobile-first, cloud-first platforms. Founded by experienced technology leaders, this is an exciting opportunity to help establish a new development practice using the latest development techniques, tools and cloud technologies.
ICS is the parent company to a number of leading brands in the healthcare and life science staffing sectors, and has been growing rapidly on the last 5 years. ICS has identified an opportunity to create and fund a new technology business to lead the on-demand revolution in staffing.
About the opportunity
Based within our Birmingham City Centre offices, reporting to the Chief Architect and Java Lead Developer this role will be primarily responsible for the delivery of highly available micro services to support a new era in on-demand mobile and web applications.
Working as part of a highly productive development team, to establish a new development practice using the latest development techniques, tools and cloud technologies
- Working with the Java Lead Developer and Development Team, taking responsibility for the output and deliverables of their contribution to the team’s deliverables.
- To ensure code is developed in accordance to best practice and company standards.
- Responsibility that code is developed to a high quality and meets the requirements in terms of test coverage and volume and performance SLAs.
- To work effectively as part of a team, sharing knowledge and willing to listen to others.
- To support and mentor more junior members of the team to ensure they deliver effectively.
- To attend relevant IT seminars and conferences so as to keep up-to-date with the emerging technologies and best practices.
Candidates will ideally have the following
- Commercial development experience in a software development environment.
- Experience working to an Agile methodology.
- Demonstrable experience developing and delivering resilient, performant applications in high availability N-Tier architectures.
- Experience working within an Application Lifecycle Management toolset such as Jira.
- Detailed knowledge working within a Distributed Version Control System such as Mercurial or GIT.
- Proven software development experience in Java using OO Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of XML, JSON and Web services (SOAP, REST) and supporting Java frameworks such as CXF.
- Experience using dependency injection (IoC) technologies such as Spring.
- Good knowledge of test frameworks and code coverage analysis tools such as JUnit, Mockito, Concordion, Sonar
- Experience of dependency management and build automation tools
ICS has been listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for four times in the last six years. We are a forward thinking organisation offering excellent training and orientation packages with ongoing support and development to help you realise your potential and career aspirations. We believe that our success is based on your success. We offer a wide range of company benefits including a pension scheme and 25 days holiday.