Technical Services Manager
Technical Services Manager -
We are recruiting for a Technical Services Manager to be based at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week.
On offer is a competitve salary (depending on experience).
This role reports into the Technical Services Director and is responsible for the technical performance and maintenance of standards on the Hospital contract. The Technical Services Manager provides guidance to others on site, showing technical expertise in Building Fabric and Building Services systems, to ensure appropriate and compliant solutions and efficient customer service delivery.
- Management of a multidiscipline workforce.
- To work with the relevant operational leads to ensure the service delivery across the full range of services is continually improving.
- To contribute to the financial performance of the contract particularly around operational efficiency and subcontract procurement.
- To ensure compliance with Company procedures for the effective planning, organisation, control, monitor and review of the services by analysis of the relevant data and, where necessary, carrying out audits.
- Update record drawings and Operations and Maintenance manuals across all sites.
- At all times maintain a smart appearance and professional manner that is representative of the company in the workplace.
- Participate in the on-call system and AP system.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, maintaining up-to-date knowledge at all times.
- Understand and meet ongoing customer requirements, develop effective working relationships with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Clear and effective communicator with professional personal presentation.
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
- The ability to work under pressure, take ownership of problems and deal with them to their conclusion.
- Undertake monthly safety inspections of both internal employees and external contractors' safety prevention visits (SPV).
- Attend, as required, Health & Safety forums with staff and the client on a regular basis.
- Contribute to ensure that plant and equipment data and information is delivered in an accurate and timely manner, to enable Lifecycle Planning to be developed.
- Assist in the production of condition surveys and subsequent action plans in a timely manner, allowing milestone targets and goals to be achieved.
- Deliver training to staff on relevant subjects as appropriate to experience (e.g. tool box talks and trade specific subject matter).
- Actively identify continuing professional development requirements and demonstrate progress towards enhancing knowledge and training.
- Assist in ensuring that energy management systems work at optimum efficiency.
- Be responsible for management with regard to all Human Resource and Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
Qualifications / Required Experience:
- Relevant HNC/D or equivalent experience in appropriate field
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- Experience of healthcare project management
- Good understanding of HR related matters
- Experience of managing contractors within a healthcare environment
- Sound awareness of risk assessment and working safely
- Experience with Building Fabric/Services and experience in Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Strong customer focus with experience of delivering high standards of customer service
- Full, clean, UK driving licence
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78933185