Business Analyst - Banking/Finance
**Business Analyst, Global Asset Management Bank, London- 6 months**
Department & Team Overview
Responsible for the oversight and management of all major projects within the firm including:
- Business and Operational re-engineering
- Regulatory, Legal and Risk projects
- Business driven IT change
- Large scale change programmes of work.
The team consists of; project managers, business analysts and skilled testers, and supports a business requirement to build efficiencies within our processes, and to professionally manage and deliver internal projects.
Summary of role
This role will be working within a major financial services organisation, where you will be expected to act as a centre of excellence for business analysis within Pershing, providing a structure of formal business analysis techniques and disciplines to the group. They will be managing and mentoring other business analysts, developing their skills and improving the overall quality of their analysis.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of front, middle and back office banking processes, ideally knowledge of:
- Wealth and IFA business processing
- Clearing and settlement functions, platforms and services; Securities and Unit Trust trade processing.
- Business analysis and design methodologies.
- Leading and delivering solutions workshops, solutions definition and design.
- Understanding of full project lifecycle
- Defining and managing User Acceptance Testing.
You would be assigned to multiple projects working alongside a Project Manager. Occasional project management activities may be required; therefore project management experience is advantageous.
- Strong business analysis and knowledge elicitation techniques including:
- Ability to document business requirements and information flows formally in a clearly understood manner.
- Able to work directly with end users, clients or developers to resolve details not covered in requirements.
- Analyse data (e.g. number of changes in a process, analysing why, representing in a simplified way)
- Knowledge of the Wealth and IFA business, Clearing, Settlement, Securities, Unit trust processing
- UML Experience
- Knowledge and experience of financial IT systems and solutions and leading/defining IT implementation projects.
- Leadership skills and experience, both within a project structure and line managing staff.
- Perform regular formal progress and status reporting.
- Effective communication skills when dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation including the delivery of presentations to audiences of varied sizes.
- Ability to multi-task, working alone, and as part of a team.
- Project or Programme Management disciplines and techniques such as Prince 2
- MS Project, MS Access, Sharepoint, Quality Centre, and Balsamiq would be advantageous
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Adecco is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79005800