A career opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Technician to join a leading & national utilities company operating from South East Warwickshire. You will be joining an experienced and friendly team who are committed to providing the safest and most reliable power delivery possible. As a Technician you will gain ongoing training to attain industry recognised qualifications, full PPE, a company vehicle to carry out work and free parking.
You will be working for an industry leading DNO who cover a large geographical area. This company is committed to providing a safe and reliable electricity supply striving to continually improve the quality of service and communication to customers.
As a Technician you will be responsible for the construction, maintenance, repair and faults on the overhead, underground and substation distribution network, dealing with cabling, switching and jointing at high voltages - predominantly 66kV.
As a Technician your responsibilities will include;
- The maintenance, construction, reinforcement, alteration, and replacement of overhead/underground cables and substations.
- The issue of safety documents up to 66kV and permits to work
- The work programming and monitoring of immediate work colleagues switching up to 66kV.
- The ideal candidate will be a SAP i.e. have Authorised Person status, or be HV Appointed Person
- HV experience in an industrial or outdoor environment e.g. plant / cabling / OHL / substations
- Experience of working on substations, live lines and switching at 11kV or higher preferable
- Familiarity with HV safety procedure and knowledge of documentation (Limitation of Access / Permit to Work)
In return for being an Electrical Technician you will gain on-going training and support, a competitive starting salary with annual increases, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Please note successfully shortlisted applicants will need to complete an application form before the closing date which is midday at 16th January 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78931135