Group Financial Accountant
Robert Walters are pleased to be supporting a well know Energy brand on the recruitment of a Group Financial Accountant position based in Watford. This is an excellent opportunity for an ACA or ACCA Finalist or part-qualified candidate with IFRS experience. This is also an excellent move for someone looking for a 1st move into industry from audit/practice.
The Group Financial Accountant will report to the Head of Group Accounting. On a daily / monthly basis you will be responsible for posting and reconciling monthly management and statutory figures as reported to the parent company and will act as a contact point for the shareholders who have queries regarding the company's performance. You will also be responsible for:
- Balance sheet and P&L month end reconciliation/substantiation for the group on the parent accounting systems
- Supporting the regulatory reporting and funding requirements of the group including planning and management of ECAM, regulatory capital and other funding balances
- Supporting the Head of Finance with responsibilities including dividend process, managing intercompany balances, other adhoc queries and information requests from parent company
- Supporting the company rationalisation project
- A company rationalisation project to simplify the group including liaising with external advisors, lawyers, accountants, tax and shareholder management
- Developing and improving cash forecast models
- Intercompany simplification project to reduce intercompany relationships and implement and automatic settlement process
- Ad hoc M&A opportunities, creating valuation models, and producing due diligence support
- Focus on personal development through training, constant learning within the role and increase in business knowledge
- Very positive work attitude including willingness to assist with other ad-hoc team projects and deliverables.
- Be an ACA or ACCA finalist accountant with IFRS experience who is seeking to move into industry to a well known international brand which offers an excellent work and life balance as well as fantastic career opportunities.
- Have management experience or would like to a step into management.
- Have experience in banking and finance or energy industries is preferable.
A well known Energy brand who offer a excellent career opportunities based in Watford. My client has 12,000 customers and more than 200 employees based in their Watford office. They are a people focused organisation where they actively embrace a coaching culture to develop personally and professionally.
Salary & Benefits
A highly competitive base salary of circa £40 - 50k plus private healthcare, profit share, group personal pension, childcare vouchers and many other company specific benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please do apply or email me at
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79088211