Digital Engineering Manager
Job Title: Digital Engineering Manager
Your salary: Negotiable based on Experience
Where: Hertfordshire or Yorkshire (Regional Offices with National Coverage)
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Michael Stevens)
Who you'll be working for:
Boasting nearly 150 years of UK Building expertise our client has successfully delivered some of the country's most iconic projects across a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Educational, hotel & leisure, pharmaceutical & research and travel with a network of offices covering England, Scotland, Wales and throughout Europe and over 28,000 full time employees and a level of success and reputation that is envied throughout the industry.
As well its Principle Contractor capabilities our client boasts in-house Engineering and Services Expertise and is able to confidently provide a full Turn-Key Design & Build Service to their established and ever-growing list of clients, with projects currently undertaken in more than 30 countries around the world.
Some of your responsibilities:
Our Client is looking for a Digital Engineering Manager to join their Mechanical & Electrical Services Engineering team. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of the technical revolution sweeping through engineering and construction.
The role can be based in Hertfordshire or Yorkshire but will involve travel throughout the regions in the UK on a regular basis.
Directly reporting to the Building Services Director and Services Engineering Director, you will work alongside all disciplines within construction, developing and maintaining digital engineering best practice and training relevant to our UK wide M&E Business.
- Develop and deliver the clients digital strategies that align with business and wider industry standard strategies.
- Align digital strategy with CIBSE and the Engineering Council' UK requirements.
- Set strategies for managing the delivery of Digital Engineering and compliance with the UK BIM strategies.
- Set strategies for managing the implementation of project-specific protocols and execution plans.
- Develop and improve our use of data capture through cost planning, engineering, QA, commissioning and resource planning.
- Develop and maintain Revit MEP standardization across regions, together with a Central library of Revit Families.
- Develop and maintain Standardised Asset data for MEP items.
- Develop and maintain Product Data Templates.
- Understand Navisworks / BIM360Glue-Field Environments.
- Collaborate with Regional Building Information Models [BIM] teams to create BEP's for new projects.
- Attend client meetings to develop the EIR's that will inform the BEP.
- Create protocols for coordinating and distributing BIM to the wider team, including Supply Chain Client team and Facilities Management.
- Organise all required Training and Third Party Software Demonstrations including assessing and responding to specific requirements of project teams.
- Understand and respond to Client Information Requirements, including engaging with Project delivery teams to encourage collaboration from the early design stage to final handover.
- Assess and respond to hardware and software requirements of project teams.
You must have:
- Background knowledge of Third party software and Revit Add-Ins for increased productivity, Dynamo, BIM Link etc. and in-depth knowledge of the Construction industry.
- Understanding of Government BIM Level 2 mandate and the associated documents to deliver to BIM Level 2, including the delivery of Cobie Data and IFC models as well as of BIM Authoring Software, Design Coordination Software, Information Management Systems and Electronic Document Management Systems.
- Passionate about exploring, learning and using new technology and software.
- A team player, flexible and able to work with others.
- Good time management and able to commit and work to deadlines.
- Self-motivating able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication and influencing skills verbal and written, and comfortable in communicating with all levels of management.
- Good IT skills Word, Excel and Outlook essential.
- Willing and able to travel extensively around the UK.
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please get in touch with Michael Stevens on 01442 767 808.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79027815