We are seeking a Financial Accountant to join Freshfields at our new Global Centre (Europe) in Manchester.
The Financial Accountant will prepare the Limited Liability Partnership Accounts for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in accordance with IFRS. This role will also be responsible for the preparation of statutory accounts for the Firm's UK subsidiaries and will have extensive involvement with the Firm's audit.
This role will also have responsibility for implementing global policies & procedures and for the integrity of data globally.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a major international law firm, providing business law advice of the highest quality. We want to be the law firm that clients turn to for legal advice where it matters most, wherever in the world that may be. We deliver seamless service across borders, cultures and languages, and the launch of the Freshfields Global Centre (Europe) is central to this vision.
Our aspiration is to extend the Centre outside Europe, enabling us to give our lawyers the worldwide 24/7 support they need to deliver excellent client service.
You will be joining us in the early stages of this initiative, and helping to shape this new and exciting way of delivering our global services. Whatever your area of expertise, this is a place where you can be yourself and really flourish.
ABOUT FINANCE SUPPORT
The billing team is an essential part of the wider finance department of the Firm and is expected to deliver an exceptional service to our fee earners and clients. The billing function is extremely fast paced and our role is to assist fee earners across the network with all aspects of invoice review and processing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Preparation of the Limited Liability Partnership accounts for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). These accounts will be subject to a considerable amount of scrutiny by the Firm's competitors, clients and the legal press;
- Responsibility for the integrity of worldwide data included in the firm's consolidated accounts. The process of preparing the LLP accounts requires the consolidation of the Firm's global results (on SAP BPC) incorporating branches and separate entities throughout the world;
- Management/processing of the firm- wide cost recharges;
- Extensive liaison with the group finance team in Manchester and regional accounting teams throughout the network to ensure full understanding of the requirements for the consolidation process and to provide support/ guidance during the process;
- Preparation of year adjustments for international offices. The consolidation process will identify adjustments which need to be reflected in each office's local accounting records and these will need to be notified and explained to each office following the preparation of the accounts;
- Preparation of statutory accounts for UK subsidiaries in accordance with FRS 101/102;
- Extensive liaison with the firm's auditors and assisting with the management of the audit process.
- ACA/ACCA qualified or part-qualified;
- Experienced in preparing consolidated financial accounts in accordance with IFRS in a multi-currency environment;
- Partnership background or similar;
- The ability to manipulate large volumes of data a multi-currency environment;
- Confident when communicating with staff and management at all levels
- Numerate, methodical and proactive;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Friendly, outgoing, social personality;
- Must be a team player.
Our reward package is designed to offer you a competitive salary, a comprehensive range of employee benefits and the potential to receive an additional bonus each year, recognising the contribution you make to the firm.
You can choose from a variety of insurance policies, services and products to help you secure your financial future, protect your health and fitness, and make your life easier. You will receive 26 days' holiday each year, with the option to purchase additional days, plus free access to market-leading health and wellbeing websites and services.
As you would expect, we will support you through the major events in your life, so we offer competitive maternity, flexible working and leave policies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78958208