Field Service Engineer
GBP12.50 to GBP16 per hour + overtime
Permanent - St Ives / National travel
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05966
Our client are really going places. They are an ambitious construction equipment rental company who are expanding and at an enviable rate. Well known across Europe as a quality business hence their relatively new move to the United Kingdom - St Ives.
The site is 3 acres in size with very modern comfortable offices. They recognise that people are our most valuable asset. Their mission is to recruit, train and retain the best in the industry to safely deliver excellent products and services to their client base.
Large business with a local feel.
Are you a skilled, flexible and self-motivated engineer who thrives under the pressure of field work? Or a site based multi-skilled technician who is ambitious, with a particular urge to work in the field?
Whether you are a proven field service engineer looking for a new challenge or a proven onsite technician/engineer with the ambition to be out amongst your client base, we would love to hear from you.
Our client is an established and customer focused industrial equipment supplier and service provider looking to expand their field based team throughout the UK. Although relatively new to the UK market, our client is renowned for their business spanning over some 60 years in Europe and it is essential the reputation and level of service is kept intact!
So what will a typical week involve?
As part of a reactive service team, there is no typical week!! You will be able to deal with the pressure of a tight schedule, varied tasks depending on the site and needs of the client, whilst always providing an exceptional level of customer service. You will need to be multi-skilled and have the ability to diagnose faults and communicate issues to less technical site managers and other client contacts.
There will be a great deal of travel so you will be provided with a modern company van. There will be the possibility of overnight stops and some weekend work, but overtime is paid for any hours outside of the standard 37.5 per week. Therefor this would particularly suit candidates with a highly flexible outlook, and that are always keen to increase their basic earnings with the realistic opportunity to do overtime.
The Nitty Gritty
The role will involve a number of disciplines such as:
· Mechanical, electrical wiring and schematics, PLC, hydraulics, stress analysis, pneumatics, welding, fitting and build. Our client would be looking for at least two or three of the above skills, with a good overview of electrical and mechanical engineering as a base.
· You will ideally be qualified to HNC/D level with ONC also considered. Any additional qualifications that would complement the role such as 17th edition, PLC programming, Health and Safety qualifications etc. would be great!
· It is likely you will have worked in similar role for 1-2 years or are itching to get into a field role after around 5 years as an in house engineer or technician
· A CPCS card is essential
· You will have excellent people facing skills and be able to communicate with ground workers and site managers alike.
· A full clean driving licence is required.
What do get in return?
Our client is offering an excellent package in addition to being part of a motivated, upbeat and valued team:
· Competitive hourly rate with overtime realistically available on a regular basis
· A modern and comfortable company van
· Pension Scheme
· Industry specific training
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79044563