Senior Assistant Management Accountant
Job Title: Senior Assistant Management Accountant
Location: Bristol / Bath
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 dependent on level of qualification/post qualification experience, hours 9-5
Purpose of the role:
- Senior Assistant Management Accountant role, working within the Acquisitions finance team and supporting the financial integration for new business who join the group.
- Main tasks will be month-end processes including takings reconciliations, P&L reviews and Balance sheet recs.
- Also, responsible for acquisitions work including dealing with supplier notifications and DD transfers, provision of information for the apportionment / completions accounts process and helping with the apportionment / completion accounts journals.
- Key responsible include:
- Completion of month-end takings reconciliations, and posting of sales and cash
- Payroll review and summary review points to the Senior MA as per the month-end timetable
- Reconciliation of the SW pension file to the Trace file, and liaison with the Pension Administrator to resolve any queries / corrections required
- Owning specific P&Ls and producing their monthly management accounts to a high level of accuracy
- Delivering P&L Reviews at month end
- Providing clear and actionable P&L explanation and Commentary to the business support managers each month
- Dealing with queries regarding their results, clearing their Takings reconciliation differences each month, and ensuring any process issues are picked up and resolved and any process issues are identified and fixed
- Reconciling the net sales figures at month-end
- Delivering the monthly fixed asset uploads as required
- Raising sales invoices and credits to clear intercompany balances as required by the non-Intercompany.
- Reconciliation of the non-Balance sheets, and ownership of resolution of any queries coming from them.
- Loading the PL OB once completion accounts have been reviewed.
- Loading the opening fixed asset registers once completion accounts have been reviewed.
- Ownership of notification of suppliers and manufacturers for when they join the group.
- Liaising regarding DD cancellation / transfers and notifications, and dealing with any queries which arise from suppliers regarding this process.
- Sending downloads of the pre-completion debtors account, and supporting documentation as required in the apportionment / completion accounts timetable.
- Calculation of the pre and post-completion payroll splits, gaining agreement and posting the necessary journals.
- Any other tasks as required.
- Strong academically.
- Experienced in assistant management accounting roles.
- Must have sufficient commercial experience i.e. not someone looking to move from practice.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment – flexibility is key.
- Excellent IT skills including excel, and confident on various management reporting systems.
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly.
- Deadline focussed, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure they always meet them.
- Understanding of small companies and how they work.
- Comfortable working within a clinical environment where compassion is a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well within the team, and communicate effectively.
Skills and experience required:
This role would offer the successful applicant an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing and progressive business where hard work and commitment is rewarded with career progression and genuine development opportunities.
- CIMA or ACCA Finalist / Newly Qualified.
- Good solid work experience within an accounting environment.
- Happy to work in a busy, growing business.
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy.
- Confident of dealing with a high volume workload.
- Clear and confident communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills – including intermediate Excel.
- A questioning mind, constantly looking for where improvements can be made.
- Flexible approach to work.
- A strong team ethic.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please contact us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78454910