Salary up to c£45,000 per annum DOE
Would you like the opportunity to progress within an ever expanding Organisation?
This OEM World Leader designs and manufactures Rail and Commercial Vehicle Systems, and their customers are house hold names! Currently working on the UK’s Largest Rolling Stock projects!
The Ideal Candidate
As the Project Accountant, you will report to the Financial Controller. You will have an analytical mind-set and good communications skills as large volumes of data will need to be deciphered and explained to non-finance staff, and be confident in communicating with both internal and external customers
About the Position
- With your experience in accounting you will be able to provide monthly project finance reports/dashboards and lead monthly financial reviews with project management and project teams.
- Regular review and margin analysis for key projects.
- Analyse and report on Forex impact on projects.
- Update engineering and project manager contract forecast costs in line with project manager’s latest view.
- Update contract manufacturing forecast costs, where appropriate, using SAP costing programs or current forecasts from project managers.
- Produce monthly SAP PS Module Project financial report.
- Produce monthly contract financial summaries.
- Check and approve ATOs (Amendments to Order).
- Be proactive and liaise regularly with project managers on their project margins and results.
- Maintain Key Project Summary for FD.
- Attend project reviews.
- Upload WBS element structures for new projects into SAP.
- Improve project reports and assist in training project managers on use.
- Assist project managers with day to day queries.
- IFE Doors World - monthly reports (sales, orders, OOH P&L plus comments).
- Final exams or recently qualified accounting qualification such as AAT / CIMA / ACCA
- Any other ad hoc analysis / reporting as required by FD or FC.
- Good communication skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- The role requires an analytical mind-set and good communications skills as large volumes of data will need to be deciphered and explained to non-finance staff.
- Good SAP FICO/projects knowledge advantageous.
- Project accounting knowledge.
- Good understanding of costing to support contract / sales tenders.
- Good understanding of stock valuation.
Salary up to £45,000 per annum, plus great company pension, Flexible benefits, 25 days holiday + BH
Please submit your cv to or by clicking the “Apply Now” button below, or if you’ll like to know more please call or
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78642989