Technical Services Manager - M&E
Voted one of The Sunday Times "100 Best Small Companies to work for" we are an established and successful Design and Project Management Company with a turnover of c£40m. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, creative, innovative design and serious technical expertise.
The Technical Services Manager is responsible for the successful installation and deliver of our M&E site projects from 5000 to 25000+sq.ft. Commencing with the assessment of the suitability and viability of the proposition through efficient installation to final commissioning and smooth handover.
- Involved in projects from the finalising of design of M&E systems to delivery on site. Managing all M&E elements to final commissioning while meeting essential project KPIs.
- Work closely and in conjunction with the project management team to plan and execute all M&E works on the project. Provide key buildability advice.
- Manage M&E subcontractors including quality checks, pricing and design alterations as required
- Monitor compliance with the latest building regulations.
- Liaise with the client/client’s consultants to address and solve matters arising and collaborate with them to reach agreed, practical solutions.
- Attend project meetings and work closely with our wider delivery and PM team.
The TSM will seek to minimise the impact of the fit out on the existing building systems while ensuring a strongly cost effective and risk considered solution. With sub-contractors likely to be under pressure, this will involve ensuring that the proposed solution is workable, realistically costed as well as the design solutions are value engineered and can be effectively delivered.
Skills and Ability:
- Five years + M&E management experience in a commercial fit out related company or subcontractor.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical building services systems and a thorough understanding of all building services systems.
- A track record of successful M&E project delivery.
- Experience of managing subcontractors in the delivery of M&E projects.
- Must be able to assure the client (and/or consultants) with your depth of understanding of relevant technical issues
- Willing to challenge assumptions by colleagues, consultants and sub-contractors.
- Good, likeable team player both internally and externally
- Ideally a recognised and relevant qualification.
We offer a competitive package, fun environment and great career opportunities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78935310