Web Technologies Test Engineer
Linx Printing Technologies have an exciting opportunity for a Web Technologies Test Engineer to join their growing team based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Job Title: Web Technologies Test Engineer
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Linx is an internationally-renowned supplier of a range of coding and marking solutions including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Marking, Case Coding and Thermal Transfer printers. Since 1987, our industry-leading technologies have helped organisations across the world increase their productivity while significantly reducing total cost of ownership.
Web Technologies Test Engineer – Key Responsibilities:
- Specify, develop, maintain and run automated and manual test suites for the Linx IoT Platform with the Linx range of coding and marking products
- Research and prototype new technologies and methods to improve the test process
- Working with project teams to maintain the functional and non-functional quality aspects of application and systems
- Developing a good knowledge of the business processes and applications, analysing the business requirements to identify key areas to test
- Planning and creating the test approach and test environment
- Creating, managing, running, tracking and reporting the tests and test results for both functional and non-functional testing where appropriate
- Use the automated testing tools provided and recommend new tools and methods where appropriate
Web Technologies Test Engineer - You:
- BSc (2:1 or 1st) / MSc in Computer Science, Maths or Physical Sciences Degree
- ISEB / ISTQB certification preferred
- 5 or more year’s professional software test experience working in a multi-discipline, agile development environment.
- Strong knowledge of current testing methods, tools and business/delivery processes to help determine testing priorities
- Good analysis skills with the ability to translate business requirements into test approaches.
- Ability to plan and estimate for all testing related activities
- Experience of constructing tests for others to use and recording test results for others to interpret as necessary. Sufficient technical expertise to anticipate areas of technical risk
- Exposure to, and understanding, of Thingworx, automated testing with tools like Selenium, Coded UI
- Experience of testing within an Agile environment e.g. SCRUM, Kanban
- Experience of using test management and defect tracking tools
- Experience in using scripting languages
- Can plan, develop and deliver effective test programmes to agreed timescales
-Self-Learning, problem solving skills
- Active participation in the software development process
- Experience in the functional, non-functional (security, reliability, performance and etc) and UAT testing
- Experience in quality and regulatory standards
- Experience in requirement analysis, automated tests, defect tracking, and efficient test execution would be desirable
To submit your CV for this exciting Web Technologies Test Engineer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78641055