Legal Learning Manager
Legal Learning Manager
Competitive salary with bonus
Open to flexible/agile working
Are you a qualified Lawyer, looking for a role which will help to develop other lawyers?
Do you want to work for a global Law firm?
My client, based in central Birmingham, is looking for a Legal Learning Manager. This is a global Law firm with a strong presence across major markets. Working out of their Birmingham office, you will support the firm's people strategy by taking an overview of learning and development for Lawyers based in the UK.
The Legal Learning team is responsible for overseeing the delivery of managing legal learning for all UK lawyers, with a focus on the firm's trainees and junior lawyers; tracking and reviewing the SRA development plans that UK lawyers complete as part of their SRA requirements; and for aligning these plans with other firm initiatives such as Pathways and Learning Paths.
My client is looking for a qualified lawyer with management experience. You will not deliver training yourself as part of this role but rather oversee delivery by both in-house and third parties, and ensure that relevant training is completed.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage the Legal Learning team and the central legal learning budget
- Support firm efforts to ensure UK lawyers, particularly trainees and junior lawyers, receive the right support to develop their technical expertise
- Collaborate with the Knowledge Management team on legal learning curriculum
- Provide technical and strategic advice on SRA training requirements and legal education reforms
- Ensure lawyers with Law Society of Ireland (LSI) practicing certificates adhere to the training requirements of this regulator
- Stay abreast of changes in SRA or LSI requirements
- Liaise with partners and in-house counsel on compliance processes
- Liaise with the relevant practice groups to ensure that training is provided for lawyers who need to meet the LSI CPD regulations.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Lawyer qualified
- Knowledge of SRA and LSI regulations desirable
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ideally, experience within an L&D function
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78908932