The post holder will support the finance manager to ensure good financial reporting and administration across all RSU commercial and non commercial activities.
The post holder will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to staff and students in helping deal with finance queries and the administraion of finances through electronic and manula systems. The post holder will undertake basic accounting proceedures and processes in order to ensure sound financial management of the charity.
It is an imperitive role in supporting the Finance Manager in recording and retrieving financial details, including maintaining financial records, accounts payable and cash handling.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Support the Finance Manager by inputting into sales and purchase ledgers from source documents
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Assist in the production of financial statements and preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required.
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the Union’s financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure swift payment of invoices
- Deal with expense claims in a timely manner
- To update and check reports for Finance Manager.
- To carry out any other reports/duties as may be reasonable in line with this role or as delegated.
Cash and Stock Control:
- To ensure the security of Union property at all times, ensuring that the correct cash handling procedures are
- To report all operational concerns and other relevant issues to Management in an appropriate and timely manner.
Other Duties and General Responsibilities:
- To act at all times in accordance with the Students’ Union policy on Equal Opportunities and demonstrate appropriate levels of conduct and behaviour at the University premises
- Attend appropriate training, conferences and meetings as required.
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities compatible with the level and nature of the post, as required by any member of the Finance department.
- Adhere to the SU Constitution, policies and procedures at all times, including the Equality and Diversity Statement and the Health and Safety and Sustainability Policies.
- Contribute to the positive image of the SU with students, the University, the local community and other relevant organisations.
Applications close: Midday 26th January 2018
Interview dates: 30th and 31st January
To apply please visit https://www.roehamptonstudent.com/union/workforus/fulltimepermanentroles/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78921605