Sales Specialist - Corrosion Engineering
Corrosion is the single most costly problem for companies operating in the steel, manufacturing, automotive, transport, power generation, petrochemical and pipeline markets.Our client’s corrosion engineering team saves industry £millions in reduced waste, re-work and extended plant life. Analysis of the customer’s operation leads to the specification of corrosion inhibiting products in a process that stops corrosion. The product range includes coatings, fluids and packaging materials.
Our Client is now seeking a Sales Specialist - Corrosion Engineering. This position will be home based with regular travel throughout the UK. The position is a full time permanent role reporting to the Division Manager.
- To achieve a quarterly and annual sales budget for a range of premium corrosion inhibiting products at defined prices
- Specification selling to solve complex corrosion problems
- Achieve beneficial customer relationships by making frequent customer visits and achieving service levels that demonstrate the Division values
- Add sales information to Customer Relationship Management software as part of the sales process
- Develop key markets of:
- Power Generation
- Water Treatment
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants will ideally have a science or engineering education (preferably Environmental Science; Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering) with solid industrial experience and preferably a track record in sales development. (Our Client will also consider applications from candidates who are commercially aware and have a strong desire to move out of an internal laboratory / manufacturing environment and into an external technical sales position)
- Achieving excellent relationships with customers through frequent visits is essential
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Critical tasks in the role require literacy, numeracy and analytical abilities
- Determination, energy, tenacity, enthusiasm, loyalty
- The successful candidate will receive a complete programme of technical training
In return, our Client is offering a basic salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (salary is negotiable dependent on experience) plus bonus opportunity and benefits which include a company car, five weeks holiday and pension scheme.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V and a detailed covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78971205