Technical Sales Engineer
As a Technical Sales Engineer you will be joining a well-established supply chain specialist offering innovative products to the civil engineering and construction sectors. Based in Belfast this company are approaching 50 years in business and offer a range of niche products to a strong customer base throughout Ireland. Combined with a wealth of industry experience, you will join a growing team and play a key role in providing customers with a knowledgeable, high quality and friendly service.
This product supply and equipment hire business has invested in a state of the art online sales portal, CRM and logistics software, they offer tailored staff training programmes, sales mentoring and support set within newly refurbished modern office facilities.
This position would suit a recent engineering graduate who has an interest in Technical Sales, a confident personality, excellent communication skills who pay attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Technical Sales Engineer you will:
- Build effective working relationships with customers, you will be responsible for the full sales process, from initial contact to creating and processing quotations and providing technical proposals for customers, processing orders and tracking delivery.
- Develop an understanding for individual project requirements and provide them with technical support to meet their project specification and budget.
- Advise on the technical and commercial benefits of the different products available.
- Review customer orders, liaise with the Finance and Warehouse Logistic teams to ensure billing and delivery in a timely and professional fashion.
- Develop customer relationships over the phone and face to face, using your initiative to identify new sales opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Third level qualification in engineering, technical or science related discipline
- Logical, analytical and methodical with sound negotiation skills to estimate/price enquiries and prepare quotations
- Some experience reading technical or architectural drawings is desirable, CAD training will be given
- Previous experience working in a customer facing sales environment will be advantageous
- Excellent IT skills and fully competent with Microsoft office
- The confidence and desire to speak to customers over the phone, via email and in person.
The successful candidate can expect:
- To work in a professional, friendly and well-established team environment
- To receive all necessary training and participate in product review and feedback sessions
- To progress and grow within the company
If you feel this Technical Sales Engineer (Graduate) role is something you may be interested in and you would like to hear more about this position, please call Damien or Anne on 028 90312009.
To be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79043535