Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purpose of the role will ensure that all business suppliers are paid accurately and on time and that all payments are correctly accounted for in the Accounts Payable and General Ledgers.
- Ensure all invoices received comply with VAT regulations
- Ensure all unpaid invoices are parked on the Accounts Payable system to enable financial reporting of liabilities.
- Reconcile supplier statements and action reminder notices, tracking down unpaid invoices to avoid legal action against the business
- Maintain supplier master records to ensure that the business holds correct and current bank details for payments.
- Develop strong working relationships with Suppliers
- Resolve unpaid invoices and queries, in a timely manner
- Answer incoming telephone calls; deal with queries and transfer to the relevant department if necessary
- Good knowledge of accounting supported by relevant experience.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with both external customers and business areas.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively to ensure key deadlines are met.
- Should be adaptable and able to work well in a changeable environment.
- Time Management skills to meet the daily, weekly and monthly deadlines. Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is paramount to this role.
- Strong communication skills as you will be dealing with queries
- Immediately available/1 week's notice
The role is paying up to £12ph per hour and has excellent transport links
If you would like more information please contact Jacob Berry on 0161-828-6100
The role is within a friendly team which the successful candidate will feel part of from their first day. In order to be successful in this position you must possess a hard working attitude and the ability to work under tight deadlines
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79019012