Position: Finance Assistant
Salary: Circa £20,000 per annum + DHL Benefits
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 7th January 2018
As a Finance Assistant you will be responsible for ensuring that all administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner, including payroll, procurement and sales ledger functions. You will provide accurate information and administrative support to the Finance Manager, Assistant Finance Manager, and other internal stakeholders. You will ensure DHL best practice policies are adhered to, and site operates within expected control framework
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Raising all required purchase orders when required to by site operations team
* Making card payments, obtaining VAT invoices and matching to paperwork
* Manage ordering of stationery and other consumables for site, including tracking costs to budget
* Ensuring all purchases are recorded on the purchasing log and updated as necessary, and DHL preferred suppliers are used
* Ensure all customers are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner , following up to ensure debt paid within terms
* Updating and managing payroll costs for site, both transport and warehouse and posting these at payroll deadlines
* Dealing with any ad hoc payroll/wage queries
* Proving the Assistant Finance Manager and Finance Manager with costs for use in weekly quicks reporting
* Recording all sales ledger transactions and following up invoice queries with the customer
* Provide cover for Assistant Finance Manager in leave of absence
* Ad hoc support for the finance team as and when required
* Build solid relationships with internal customers through delivery of exceptional service.
* Responsible for ensuring financial controls are robust & adequate & in keeping with DHLDP policies
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Good organisational and time management skills are imperative due to the fast paced nature of the contract
* Good team player
* Good attention to detail
* Excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills
* Good working relationship with internal stakeholders
* Experience and knowledge of accounting
* Qualified by experience in similar role
* Working towards or, wanting to study AAT qualification
* Knowledge of DHL systems (Kronos, Oracle etc.)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78649855