Internal Audit Manager
A prestigious award winning Financial Services organisation located in Birmingham (City centre) require an Internal Audit Manager within their Corporate Audit team. You will manage direct line reports, lead and perform internal audit reviews on strategy, governance, risk management and internal control processes across the organisation. The position will require NO travel and is entirely based from the Birmingham office.
- Line manage direct reports, being responsible for their career development, coaching, performance appraisals and technical training.
- Leading and performing risk-based internal audit reviews to provide assurance over achievement of strategic and operational objectives.
- Assess risk management over all types of risk within the organisation and contributing to evaluate and improve the risk management processes.
- Working closely with and assisting the Head of Corporate Audit in developing, maintaining and monitoring the Audit Universe and developing / delivering of the annual risk-based Audit Plan to the Audit Committee.
- Review and challenge of audits under your supervision undertaken by audit colleagues. Key role in supporting auditors agree audit issues and actions with management influencing the appropriate outcome where necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
Relevant professional qualification - either qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA) or internal auditor (CIA / IIA / CMIIA) or equivalent.
Proven track record, with demonstrable experience, of executing audits and/or providing risk management within a Financial Services environment - either gained through practice or within a corporate role.
Strong knowledge of Internal Auditing Standards, and ability to apply these in day to day operations.
A strong drive for continuous improvement, innovation and quality.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a prestigious and rapidly growing Financial Services organisation in Birmingham. The Internal Audit Manager position will enable you to manage and develop a team of auditors and has numerous career progressive opportunities within this large function or the business. For further information and to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.