My client is a Global Security business based on the outskirts of Gloucester. Their aim is 'to solve problems for their customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place'.
This role holds responsibility for the consolidation of Financial Reports for two business accounts, with combined annual revenues of £200m+. This may include (but is not limited to) Forecasting, Month End Results, Working Capital, & Project Reports.
You will need to work closely with Business Partners in both Accounts, as well as understanding the key factors that influence business performance from Orders to profit and cash generation. You will be able to assess and quantify risks & opportunities associated with Financial Forecasts. You will be involved in discussions with varied stakeholders, a key player in supporting the decision making process, and continually challenging the status quo to drive improvements & efficiencies.
Comfortable with bringing a level of gravitas to dealing with ambiguity, focused on business outcomes whilst consistently delivering on business obligations. Adapting to cultural and relational considerations, you will lead development and maintenance of good, trusted stakeholder relationships.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with the Business Partners to help drive business performance. Improve the impact and understanding of financial KPI's to business outcomes ensuring high quality financial decisions are taken.
- Effectively share external industry perspectives and good practice to help deliver measurable improvements in the approach to decision making, value for money and risk management.
- Provide objective financial advice and opinions that positively impact the future choices available to the business.
- Identify and drive financial efficiency with senior management ensuring that resources are allocated effectively with rigorous pressure on costs and commitment to a value for money approach.
- Challenge business development activities in terms of alignment to business strategy, realism of opportunities and associated investment and the likelihood and level of financial returns versus risk.
- Proactive approach with risks and opportunities on financial ownership for the planning, forecasting and management of revenues and cost.
- The development of colleagues in core finance skills, whether within the function or outside, to ensure appropriate practices are followed, shaping the finance function of the future.
- Ensure that the area under your control operate an appropriate and effective set of financial controls and ensure the overall integrity of the accounts in line with good accounting practice
What we're looking for
- Newly Qualified Accountant
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience in driving cost savings and margin improvement
- High attention to detail
- Experience of working across cultures and time zones (desirable)
- Record of implementing and maintaining robust financial controls
- Experience of working to tight timescales and consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a cross function team and at various seniority levels in the organisation
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78774010