Lead UX Designer
Our client is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. The company has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. They have built a collaborative and creative culture where they employ agile techniques to deliver their pace-setting applications. They like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
What you will do
They have invested significantly in modernising their products across Software, Web, and Mobile stack, leading to exciting growth in the internet function creating an opportunity for a UX Designer to join them. They’re looking for someone who knows how to put the users' needs firmly at the heart of the process, whilst driving UX design at the company, producing solutions their customers love, and can engage with. You will work across the business to help design and apply cutting-edge UI and UX techniques to keep their products ahead of the curve, focusing on accessibility and simplicity. You will be a storyteller, translating broad ideas into elegant user experiences. Your user centred focus and natural curiosity will help them constantly evolve their products so that they always provide what their customer needs. On a day-to-day basis, you will be working closely with the development teams to deliver a unified approach, take a leading role in workshops and presentations. You’ll stay current with latest technology and human interactions, seeking new opportunities to create unique experiences and innovations
This role would suit someone who is keen on working as part of a dynamic environment and has a practical, self-motivated approach to their work.
- Proven experience in a UX Design role
- Demonstrable experience of designing innovative digital products across Web and Mobile platforms.
- Strong understanding of User Experience Design.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of user-centred design principles and methodologies
- Understanding of W3C Accessibility, Usability and Inclusion guidelines
- Extensive experience with design tools such as Axure, Sketch, Invision
- An excellent, digital portfolio with diverse projects you had tangible ownership of including website, interface, mobile site/app, ecommerce and digital experience projects
- High levels of independence, being able to work without close supervision, managing your own time and work
- Accurate and meticulous with extreme attention to detail
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Opportunities for career progression
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Community projects
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79033397