Workshop Engineer - Location Cambridge circa £24,064 - ££25,445 per annum
We are in the process of searching out a Workshop Engineer that has experience of servicing and maintaining heavy construction and plant equipment. You will be a conscientious worker, used to maintaining very high standards, work in accordance with strict health and safety guidelines and quality and environmental controls, be able to work to often tight time schedules, have exceptional problem-solving skills and come with a formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV Mechanics.
As Workshop Engineer you will effectively and competently carry out the service and repair of machinery within the workshop to the highest standards and ensure delivery of a first-class service to both internal & external customers.
So, an overall guide of Workshop Engineer responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To service and repair construction equipment or miscellaneous equipment as required by line management, maintaining safe working practices throughout.
- To carry out all work in line with quotations and time guides, highlighting to management where additional work may be required.
- Maintain a sufficient personal toolkit to enable you to carry out the job effectively.
- In regard to company tooling (including but not limited to laptops, electronic timesheets, specialist tooling and lifting equipment), ensure defects are reported, use is in line with current test periods and in line with instructions/training.
- Ensure software updates are installed as new versions are released.
- Accurate completion of systems/paperwork
- To order parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition and at the time of job completion, to aid the efficient invoicing of workshop jobs.
- To assist and coach colleagues with technical support where necessary.
- To be prepared to work with Apprentices as a coach, mentor and guide when required.
- To ensure a smart and professional appearance, wearing appropriate work wear and PPE, and to ensure housekeeping in your work area is of a high standard.
- Flexibility to work overtime as and when necessary.
To be considered for this role, you will need to possess the following:
- A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV Mechanics - NVQ 3 or City and Guilds (Essential)
- Relevant career history in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction plant (Essential)
- Proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmission, drive lines, hydraulics and electrics (Essential)
- Hold a full driving licence (Essential)
- Welding, fabrication and line boring experience (desirable)
Hourly rate = £12.02 - £12.71 per hour based on experience
Core hours 8.00am - 4.30 pm (38.5 per week)
Are you interested in career and professional development?
Our client is an international business and if it is career progression you are looking for then this is a good place to start and am confident in time, promotional opportunities will become available to you.
To apply for this Workshop Engineer role, please forward your CV as soon as possible
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78961993