Operations Technician (Rainham Shift Rota)
Operations Technician - Essex - £27k - £35k
Clemence Rogers are currently working in partnership with our client in the recruiting of an Operations Field Support Technician.
Health, Safety, and Environmental
* Actively pursue the culture of zero harm, ensuring all relevant internal and statutory health, safety, and environmental standards and procedures are adhered to in line with the corporate Health and Safety policy
* Participate and comply with all statutory / corporate health safety and environmental incentives.
* Generate and implement ideas to improve health and safety standards
* Report hazards, accidents and incidents promptly in line with corporate policies and procedures.
* Carry out Hazard inspections, safety audits, and other inspections when required
* Carrying out responsibilities as defined in the companies Safety rules and associated procedures
* Take immediate corrective action to prevent injury or prevent recurrence of at-risk behavior to staff or contract personnel.
* Ensure high levels of housekeeping standards are continued at all times
* Handle all hazardous and waste materials, oils etc. in line with company procedures, COSHH legislation and relevant environmental legislation
Maintenance & operations
* Take a leading role in complex fault diagnostics on reciprocating engine mechanical / electronic controls & instrumentation, LV and HV Apparatus and balance of plant systems in order to improve power station performance and revenue.
* Support the 24 / 7 Operation of the power station generating units and ancillary equipment according to standard procedures, and to support generation of maximum revenue through improving efficiency and performance.
* Carry out planned & corrective maintenance on all mechanical / electrical equipment to improve reliability /productivity and minimise downtime of generating units.
* Follow maintenance & operational procedures to ensure continuous reliability & productivity of the power station.
* Develop solutions to operational and engineering problems, and implement solutions and /or modifications, ensuring company management of change processes are followed.
* Identify and recommend spare parts holdings for critical mechanical or electrical assets
* Maintain accurate and thorough records of all maintenance work carried out, and all operational issues impacting engine downtime and load.
* Responsible for management of appropriate maintenance contracts and projects as directed by your line manager.
* Supervise contractors where required and ensure company policies and procedures are adhered too.
* Actively keeping abreast of the standards, the site should operate to in line with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Environment Agency, COMAH, SATEX/ DSEAR and appropriate discipline technical matters.
* Taking ownership and leadership of engineering requests and requirements.
* Providing technical advice and support to own and other discipline technical staff on all matter appropriate to their experience and discipline.
* Actively support the implementation of the company values.
* Upholding a strong commitment to their own personal development and other team members, looking to enhance their knowledge and experience in order to maintain up to date awareness of new equipment, best practice, and technologies to support improving power station performance.
* Participate in shift roster systems as required and change working patterns where necessary in order to meet the needs of the business.
* Support the technical and operational needs of other sites as required.
* Communicate effectively verbally and in written format with all other operational and support staff.
* Train other staff and contractors as required.
* Support the delivery of the site generation plan.
* Identify opportunities for cost savings and make recommendations for implementation of same.
* Monitor and control costs.
* Take appropriate care of company property such as plant, vehicles and tools.
* A significant knowledge of Plant Maintenance, HV / LV Electrical distribution systems and Operations gained in a heavy engineering industry such as Renewable Energy, Power Generation, Petrochemical, Marine Engineering (Royal Navy) or Chemical Production , preferably with a strong electrical / electronic background
* A time severed apprentice with a recognised qualification in an appropriate engineering subject such as a NVQ Level 3 / HNC / HND is preferred but qualifications, skills and suitable experience below this will be taken into account.
* A proven ability to operate in a climate of continuous improvement and work in a highly focused team
* A proven record of commitment to safety and ability to participate in a multi skilled environment.
* An understanding of computer based maintenance management systems. Such as Pronto, SAP, JDE, Maximo.
* Experience with operational systems, such as Bailey / SCADA, CITEC, processes.
* Ability to conduct RCA and complete technical reports.
* Experience and relevant competence in HV switching, instructions and supervision would be an advantage, but not necessary as training will be given.
* In depth understanding of process control systems, PLC's etc.
* Flexible attitude to varying requirements to suit the business needs.
* The ability to communicate with management, team members, external parties in a professional and effective manner.
* Ability to learn all areas of Company's LFG sites - i.e. gas fields, gas plant, power plant and administrative responsibilities.
* Accurate and attentive to detail, drive for results with demonstrated ability to work at speed.
* Able to lead by example and motivate co-workers.
* Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation.
* Willingness to complete both technical and non-technical aspects on a day-to-day basis.
* Team orientated approach along with an ability to work autonomously.
* Computer literate, able to use MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access data bases.
* Experience with fault diagnosis to root cause on Duetz, Caterpillar and jenbacher gas engines would be an extreme advantage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78652011