Fixed Asset Accountant
My client is a leading retail business that is undergoing a large change-management programme and now need to appoint an experienced and driven Fixed Asset Accountant to join a fast growing retail business that are undergoing a large change management programme. The role will see you assume full responsibility for the accounting, forecasting and financial control of a £600m+ asset base.
The role will see you:
- Managing and overseeing Fixed Assets accounting activities in accordance with accounting policies, procedures and regulations (recognition, write-offs, disposals, depreciation/amortisation, acquisitions etc.)
- Business partnering investment initiatives and assessing spend to determine the appropriate treatment
- Monitoring Assets Under Construction closely and performing regular reviews with the business
- Supporting the FP&A Team and Finance Business Partners in the forecasting process
- Working with the Tax team in optimising the approach to Fixed Assets Management
- Reconciling balances to source systems, 3rd party information and other reference points
- Analysing balance movements and investigating deviations from expectation
Ideally, you will:
- Have good knowledge of accounting standards around Fixed Assets
- Be a qualified accountant (CIMA/CCAB) with a confident communication style
- Possess strong data analysis skills (Excel/BI systems)
- Be a self-starter with tangible initiative - the role will need a proactive person who can initiate and manage their own priorities / workload in order to be successful.
- Have excellent time management skills (ability to work in a fast paced environment)
- Be a committed team player with a genuine 'can do’ attitude
In return, you will:
- Join a growing, commercially-focussed, successful and fast-paced organisation that will provide genuine opportunities to develop your career and skill-set;
- Receive a leading benefits package and a competitive base salary that is regularly reviewed to reflect performance.
Are you a talented Fixed Asset accountant looking to assume a broad and varied senior role in a growing and successful business and enjoy fantastic career opportunities? If so then this is a role to explore further…