Bookkeeper / Accountant
We are local recruitment agency who are in the 11th year of operation.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper Accountant to join our new finance team.
Job Type: Part-time hours to be agreed
We are looking at moving the accounting and payroll function from head office to our branch in Burton Upon Trent. Hence the need for a qualified bookkeeper / accountant to work on a part time basis.
Reporting to the branch manager and group accountant the main duties of the role will include:-
- Producing MMA’s
- VAT returns
- Credit Control
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
- Nominal Ledger
- Bank reconciliation
- Yearend and monthly figures to forward to head office to produce group accounts
- Lead on the production of accurate and reliable monthly financial information for the monitoring of performance by the business partners.
- Achieve the key finance deliverables within agreed deadlines and to an excellent standard
- Respond to ad hoc queries and requirements for consolidated Group level information.
You will be a self-starter and capable of juggling competing priorities. Key deliverables include the financial statements for the Group and its companies, monthly management reporting and maintaining a strong accounting control environment. The successful candidate will require strong attention to detail, investigative and problem solving skills and the ability to work across teams both in the finance department and the wider business. If this sounds like the ideal role for you and you have the relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
- CCAB approved accountancy qualification (e.g. ACCA/CIMA/ CIPFA/ICAEW).
- Appropriate, proven experience in a senior financial position.
- Previous responsibility for preparing statutory and management accounts.
- Advanced level excel skills and PC literacy
- Experience of the application of strict financial disciplines, deadlines and controls
- Highly numeric
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to prepare concise summaries of financial information
- A drive to continually improve processes
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with financial and non-financial staff of all levels across the group.
- Proven strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage own work, prioritising and managing multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Significant experience of managing/supervising teams of finance staff and delivering outputs to tight deadlines.
- Build strong working relationships with key internal and external finance stakeholders
- Sage 50 experience
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79030249