Part Time Payroll Administrator
A dynamic and market leading organisation based on the Wirral has excellent opportunity for a Part-Time Payroll Administrator to join there busy HR department on a permanent basis.
This is a highly sought after employer, that centre their ethos on their employees by offering a competitive salary and benefits package including a pension plan, health care plan, free on-site parking and many more.
The successful candidate will manage a weekly and monthly payroll system utilising Sage 50 Payroll in conjunction with the Payroll Team. In addition, they will also perform a variety of administration tasks as required.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Weekly payroll may have up to 200 employees at any one time
- Monthly payroll may have approximately 275 employees, although this is expanding. The payroll increases significantly during August-January due to seasonal requirements.
- Accurate checking & entry of salary, overtime & other paymentsDetection & resolution of anomalies
- Accurate data entry, production of reports, new starter entry and processing leavers
- Calculation of items such as holiday pay and holiday entitlements in days and hours
- Accurate development/input of employees into Group Pension Plan/associated administration of the Plan
- Ensure compliance with auto-enrolment/NEST
- Checking of data input to ensure zero errors
- Compliance with employment legislation in terms of SSP/SMP calculations and payments
- Be able to provide advice regarding tax codes/NI calculations to employees & HR Manager
- Produce and check pay slips (weekly & monthly)
- Accurate completion of all journals
- Ability to complete year-end procedures
- Production of requested reports by the Human Resources Manager on items such as sickness payments/overtime etc.
Essential skills and experience:
- 2 years’+ experience working in a payroll functionWorking knowledge of Sage 50 systemFull knowledge of tax codes and NI letters and their meaningsFully conversant with all aspects of payroll management and year end proceduresAbility to work to tight deadlinesGood inter-personal skillsFlexible in hours workedGood understanding of excel/keyboard skills
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual that is looking for a new challenge within a well-established company. If you have all of the skills above and are successfully shortlisted for this position, you will be contacted within 5 working days to organise a direct interview.
The above vacancy is only one of many that we are handling. Marshall Moore Accounts division specialises in recruiting all levels of payroll vacancies including:
- Junior Payroll Clerk
- Payroll Assistant
- Payroll Administrator
- Payroll Consultant
- Payroll Bureau Advisor
- Payroll Officer
- Payroll Team Leader
- Payroll Co-ordinator/Payroll Advisor
- Payroll Controller
- Payroll Supervisor/Payroll Manager
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79016867