Senior Material Engineer
Are you looking for a new role as a Senior Material Engineer? An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Senior Material Engineer of the highest calibre to join one of the world's largest medical devices manufacturers.
The Senior Material Engineer will be joining our clients Coatings Development team. The successful job holder will provide a lead role in the project & validation engineering of Materials Development projects. You will be leading the technological improvements and product transfers in conjunction with local Quality, Engineering, Operations and R&D personnel.
This is an initial 12 month contract opportunity.
- Free parking
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay
- Pension plan
- On site discounted restaurants
- Move between validation, project and process functions effectively
- This role involves providing technical leadership working with a cross functional team to develop and validate advanced manufacturing automated systems for the implementation of leading edge technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in equipment and computer system and process validation
- Consolidation and validation of Project Plans and deliverables
- Manage communication and work commitments with teams' external to the core team
- Facilitate technical problem resolution through the application of best practice tools such as 8-D, DMAIC, etc
- Define process outputs, transfer functions, process inputs
- Understand sources of variation and inference spaces
- Implement process characterization and input control to attain true process validation
- Understand Validation, Process and Project engineering related to job function/projects and lead the Engineering Team through these areas effectively
- Characterize product and process, including identification of CQA's and CPP's, performing DOE's to define relationship models, documenting design space, creation of control plan
- Define Material Characterization using advanced analytical techniques
- Facilitate process FMEA and ensure action follow-up and revisions as required.
- Utilize other QA risk analysis techniques as required to minimize potential risk during development/implementation activity.
- Ensure that all changes and activities conform to local and corporate, statutory, legislative and regulatory requirements for GMP, HSE and Quality.
- Ensure project changes are tracked and actioned appropriately
- Implement Engineering Change Control throughout Design / Commissioning and Site Change Control during validation / production
- Drive Validation /Verification strategies, authoring Master Validation Plans
- Ensure correct use of statistical QA methods for the project
- Create and maintain an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development and supply
- Co-ordination of effective resourcing of projects and the management of individual performances to defined objectives.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor Degree level qualification in Science/Engineering or Equivalent
- Masters in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- 5 years' min experience in a Technical Environment - Experience in the areas of polymers, coatings, biomaterials. Experience in Material Characterization (chemical/physical) and in advanced analytical techniques
- 2 years' min experience in Project Management
- Track record in team leadership including strong mentoring & coaching skills demonstrated in a business environment
- Previously worked with rigorous project management methodology
- Familiar and experienced in problem solving methodologies
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm for delivering to commitments
- Demonstrated record of strategic thinking and tactical responsiveness
- Continuous Improvement Focus
- Proven knowledge and understanding of medical device / pharmaceutical regulated industry including FDA and GMP requirements
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Standards
Working Knowledge of Equipment and Process Validation
- Six-Sigma Green Belt certified
- Certification in Project Management and experience in the Health Care Industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Project Management
- Track record of project delivery
- Extensive Statistical Engineering Expertise (SPC, DOE etc.)
- Experience in high volume medical device manufacturing environment
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our clients needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78908076