Project Engineer (Space Hardware Test)
The successful candidate will ensure current projects are delivered to customer requirements, with an emphasis on MAIT (manufacture assembly integration, test) / AIV (assembly, integration, verification) activities. They may also be heavily involved in bid- and engineering- activities for upcoming projects.
- Provide technical engineering / management of space hardware projects
- Technical oversight and support for all MAIT / AIV activities
- Support and develop other project engineers / work package owners
- Ensure the successful delivery of project technical requirements
- Generate all required technical documents and reports
- Report to and coordinate with customers such as AIRBUS and ESA
- Visit customers / suppliers / partners off site for progress (and other) meetings
- Support business development activities to bring in future projects
Technical & Professional Skills
- High degree of IT literacy and proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to generate large amounts of high quality project documentation quickly
- A general working knowledge of systems engineering to ECSS or similar standards, including: systems engineering general
requirements, technical requirements specification, verification and testing.
- Mechanical engineering to ECSS or similar standards, including: thermal, structural, materials
- General PMP working practice (parts, materials and processes)
- One or more standard design tools (e.g. Pro-E/CREO, SolidWorks, AutoCad, Catia)
- Mechanical & thermal analysis tools (e.g. Nastran, Patran, ESATAN, Cosmos, ANSYS).
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong track record as engineer / test engineer on space hardware projects
- Chartered Engineer or member of other relevant professional body
- Relevant engineering degree (1st or 2:1)
- Post-graduate qualification (e.g. MEng, MSc, PhD).
Experience in the following areas is also desirable -
- Space hardware AIV / MAIT campaigns
- EEE (harnessing, sensors, connectors, thermometry)
- Radiometers and calibration systems, high-precision (mK) thermometry, IR, RF and microwave engineering
- Working within ECSS standards (also any of JAXA, ISRO, NASA/NOAA or CASC practices)
- Thermo-mechanical design, and verification testing.
Personality & Behaviours
- Positive, supportive, can-do attitude
- Likes to roll-up the sleeves and get stuck in as part of a small team
- Generates and shares knowledge and solutions
- Pays attention to detail and focussed on delivering to deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work on multiple projects within small teams
- Excellent all-round communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
A good benefits package and career progression is available.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78583898