Head of eCommerce - Manchester
An ambitious Head of eCommerce currently required by an exciting PurePlay Retailer in Manchester, as the company enters an exciting period of expansion. Working in partnership with the CEO and reporting into the board, the main purpose of the role is to drive and increase online sales via the company's core digital channel.
A newly created board level role reporting directly to the CEO, the successful Digital Marketing / Customer Acquisition expert will take ownership for driving online activity as the company looks to increase turnover over the next few years from £10m to £50m.
An exciting and very challenging role, you will be given the freedom to make your mark on the company, customers, sellers and brands, and have the opportunity to create a team in your own image.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Owning and implementing the company's digital marketing / customer acquisition strategy
- Motivate, reward, recognise & retain a high performance culture for an internal team
- Identification & leadership of strategies for eCommerce development aimed at achieving revenue & profit growth objectives.
- Definition and maximisation of analytical/reporting standards which can inform strategic thinking and management decision making for eCommerce and beyond.
- Identifying potential revenue streams, gathering intelligence on these areas and assessing each opportunity
- Build CRM capabilities, providing engagement, retention and acquisition actions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to deliver effective eCommerce strategies focused on customer acquisition, customer experience & retention (and ideally within start up / high growth Online Retail)
- Strategic of mind; able to rise above the day-to-day and think deeply about customers and their digital experience, seeing the world through their eyes.
- P&L responsibility and a track record of exceptional commercial achievement within a start up online retail environment
- Demonstrable experience developing and implementing commercial, creative multi-channel marketing and/or commerce strategy
- Commercially astute, familiarity with online analytical tools and a clear focus on profit
- Strong team player, able to influence across a cross-section of disciplines and staff levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Results-driven, with a high level of initiative and proven track record of delivering success through teamwork
- Friendly, confident, customer obsessed with a can-do attitude, highly organised, motivated and determined individual
You will be rewarded with a significant package. Get in touch today to discuss the role. Please send me your updated CV or call me on .
MRJ Recruitment is a niche Recruitment Consultancy with offices in Manchester and London. Formed in 2010, we have grown to become a trusted Recruitment partner to some of the leading names across the Retail and Digital industries. For more information on MRJ and for a list of our current vacancies, please visit us today at
"ecommerce Director" "commercial director" "multichannel director" "head of multi channel" "head of ecommerce" "digital marketing manager" "marketing director