Maintenance Engineer/Ground Worker
Maintenance Engineer/Ground Worker
Location: Brize Norton
Salary: Dependant on Experience
An excellent opportunity within the facilities management sector
A leading mechanical, electrical and environmental service provider
The Adler and Allan Group, is a provider of specialist environmental and asset management services to a range of businesses that handle, store and utilize hazardous liquids, principally oil-based fuels. The Group’s targeted services have been developed to help its customers meet ever increasing regulatory and compliance-related obligations in particular by maintaining the integrity of their assets. A&A’s services are performed by its highly skilled and accredited workforce on a planned and reactive basis from service centres around the UK.
The Maintenance Engineer/Ground Worker role:
Due to an increase in workload, we are looking to recruit two full time Maintenance Engineers/Groundworkers to join our team in Brize Norton.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager and employed on a full time basis, the postholder will be required to carry out a wide range of drainage, construction and maintenance work predominantly on petrol forecourts, operating any equipment for which they are suitably qualified and experienced.
Due to the duties of this post and need to satisfy customer demand, the postholder will be required to satisfy overtime requirements and stay away from home overnight as a regular feature of the role. Key tasks and accountabilities are as follows:
- Drainage repair, maintenance and installation works on Petrol filling stations nationwide.
- Undertake / supervise installation of interceptors and Cesspit tanks.
- Site surveys / CCTV drainage surveys.
- General groundwork duties including laying concrete, kerbs and bricklaying.
- Operating plant and machinery for which the post holder is qualified for.
- Prepared to undergo a full training programme as necessary.
- Assist other Engineers as and when required.
- Responsibility for ensuring all equipment checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works.
- Ensure daily clearance forms / permits are complete prior to works commencing
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company equipment.
- Carry out works in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The post holder holds full responsibility for reading and signing such documentation. The post holder is expected to perform LMRA and dynamic RA and adjust RAMS if required, advising supervision of any variances.
- Responsibility for cleaning equipment post job. The post holder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional staff.
- Liaison with Line manager / office staff regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
The ideal Maintenance Engineer/Ground Worker will need the following:
Applicants must possess a clean UK driving licence and experience gained within the construction industry is highly desirable as is possession of SPA UK PIA and CPCS plant training.
Ideally possessing previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation, applicants should demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers.
If you feel you’re suitable for this Maintenance Engineer/Ground Worker role then please apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78648693