Test Facilities Engineer - Technical Support
There is an exciting opportunity to join our team in Derby as Test Facilities Engineer. You will be responsible for design authority to implement slave solutions for engine & rig facilities and engine testing configurations and control systems. Additionally you will cover all Civil Aerospace Engine projects across Experimental, Production, and EOS and all test facilities or equipment at Derby and agreed off-site facilities.
Your secondary task will be to provide 2nd line support when the 24hr technical support team need further guidance. This will include configuration, leading fault finding investigations, supporting all Test & Measurement equipment, and managing operational improvements.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we're keeping the world flying.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
- Capture, understand, and implement customer requirements for creation/design of programs and configurations for engine testing.
- Apply appropriate technical control to design activities, ensuring safe, supportable solutions to problems are implemented that meet performance and functional requirements.
- Identify and implement improvements and support all data systems equipment.
- Supply material and provide training on data systems.
- Lead and manage fault finding investigations, implement containment actions and close to root cause, across multiple disciplines.
- Provide technical support and guidance to engine projects, test facilities, suppliers, and customers.
- Educated to BTEC/HNC/HND level qualification in an engineering, scientific or mathematical discipline (or equivalent).
- Sound gas turbine engine knowledge.
- Good IT skills across the standard Microsoft Office platform.
- Programming experience, especially in PLC/ladder logic.
- Electrical fault finding.
- An understanding of the Experimental / Development processes and data systems would be an advantage.
Please note that this is a day shift work, but you may be required to work 12 hour overlay pattern.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create an enduring network. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78799280